Power supply

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macjolt, Aug 11, 2012.

  1. macjolt macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2012
    Location:
    Philadelphia, PA
    #1
    So my puppy chewed on the power supply cable for my rMBP. It seems to charge but the few seconds I had it plugged in it sparks a couple of times. My question is, if I wrap it in electrical tape to keep it from sparking, would there be any adverse effects as far as battery on the rMBP go?
     
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

    GGJstudios

    Joined:
    May 16, 2008
    #2
    I recommend getting a new one to avoid any potential damage to your Mac.
     
  3. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #3
    It might work, but it may short out as well. I'd recommend you get a new one, just to be safe
     
  4. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

    iAppl3Fan

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2011
    #4
    just wrap electrical tape on there. it will be fine.
     

Share This Page