Power Support Air Jacket durability?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by shinji, Oct 18, 2008.

1. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

Has anyone dropped their iPhone with or accidentally smacked it against something with this case? I picked one up at the Apple Store but I may return it...I love the look and feel...I'm just not sure it's any better than a simple skin as far as protection goes.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Like I said on my review before, this case is not really for that kind of protection, more of lay on a desk only just to protect the back from scratches. If you'd drop your iPhone with this case on, I'm 99% sure you're iPhone will be damaged, and the case will also have cracks. Google this case and you'll find some testimonials about some iPhones dropped with this case.

3. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

Well these are from Apple Store reviews:

"I have dropped my iPhone a few times on the ground or tile and the iPhone is fine. The case does scratch easily on the back, but hey, its better then the scratches being on the iPhone itself."

"The phone was flung into the air like 3-4 feet high and landed 5 feet away from me after taking like 5 horrible bounces and skidding on rough, rocky pavement. The case stayed intact and took all of the damage (afew big gashes) but the phone was fine and nothing cracked!!"

Main reason I was wondering. I too would have thought this thin faceplate case would be useless...but it seems not. Wouldn't be as good in a drop as the Otterbox would of course, but the reviews seem to indicate it's better than you'd think?

4. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Hmm that is interesting. I haven't dropped my phone ever so I couldn't really attest to any of the reviews with regards to falling or dropping by accident but if those people are telling the truth then it might be durable enough. Airjacket is a keeper though because of it's slickness enough to look naked which I prefer.

5. shinji thread starter macrumors 65816

shinji

yeah same here on the design...preserves the iphone's already good aesthetics instead of ruining it with bulk.

I guess I'll just try not to spaz out and drop this. My old crappy Nokia I used to drop occasionally but I didn't really care about that as much.