Power Support Air Jacket "FORCE" iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dsiiist, Dec 31, 2014.

1. dsiiist, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2015

dsiiist macrumors regular

Need some help, gonna get it 2morroe from the Apple Store. Any known issues, difference between the original version vs this one, which one is better etc.

Update: bought it, sucks, creaks, very hard to remove, returning it for the Incase halo snap https://www.goincase.com/shop/snap-cases/halo-snap-case/clear/

2. dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

Also can't decide between the clear and smoke versions, I omitted the matte cause I heard that it yellows thru time

3. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

The FORCE version sold through the Apple Store is different from the one Power Support sells through their website. Both the same price I believe.

The FORCE version has a slight lip for lay on the table protection and one bottom corner has a vertical cut for removal where the other has the corner molded lower.

The Smoke looks very good on SG but is slippery, shows fingerprints and dust, the clear is similar. The rubber black is pretty nice, less finger prints, little more grip. However when it came down to purchasing I bought the Apple leather case in black, why? Well I decided I wanted the better look, feel and grip of leather vs. a piece of plastic.

Good luck on your search and decision.

4. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

I love the case. Have the clear matte one.

One thing about it though is that the matte finish has started to peel on the back of the case with just a few days of use. Don't know if I just got a defective one or if thats common.

I email power support about a week ago about it but they haven't response yet.

Other than that, I love the small profile the case have and the added lip which adds a little protection to the front.

5. dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

That's WUT I said, the matte has problems.

6. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

Power Support Air Jacket "FORCE" iPhone 6

The Force version of this case has really grown on me. I have the smoke color. There's a few other similar threads on this around here.

7. dsiiist thread starter macrumors regular

Elaborate, does it trap dust? Scratch easily? Hard to remove? Any creaking?

8. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

There's some creaking here and there, towards the bottom right. Doesn't really bother me as it doesn't do it all the time. I guess it's just my case? PS will be sending me a replacement when I emailed them about this. We'll see how that goes since this new one won't be a "Force" version. It's definitely creaking less then when first bought, it's weird.

I have some trapped dust on the top edge, not really noticeable unless you look closely. The case is too snug so the dust doesn't go all the way to the back. You might wanna try the black version maybe?

This really holds up very well against scratches. No visible scratches so far in the almost two weeks that I've had the case on. I like it overall. It's the case for people that dislike cases.

9. Clevans macrumors regular

I got this case Tuesday in clear. I really like it, but the OCD part of me is going crazy with the dust that is getting stuck under the lip around the top edge of the phone. I took it off today and cleaned it and snapped it back on. I had a clear silicone case from Best Buy, and I like the AJ Force a lot more. I like that it is rigid and doesn't stretch out at the bottom and come off around all the cut outs for the ports and speaker. It hasn't gotten scratched yet and isn't showing any smudges. I like the lip it has on it as well