Power Support Air Jacket

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Greenman85, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Greenman85 macrumors regular

Just bought it. Good/bad decision? Any details about installation and its use and functionality is much appreciated. Thx

2. slapppy macrumors 65816

Expensive POS. It will scratch/gouge the heck out of your bezel.

3. jacobgaul macrumors regular

agree'd return it for a incipio feather

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I recommend

asking before you buy. I know caught in the moment. 1+ on the feather as well sorry

5. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

I like my crystal Air Jacket. Yes, it does get scratched easily, but that's on the surface, not the inside. I had it on my old iPhone 3G for over a year. After I took it off, the phone was still in perfect condition.

6. jacobgaul macrumors regular

thats unlikley as there has not been 1 person to report the PS air jacket HAS NOT messed up their bezzel.

7. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

You mean the silver rim? Mine looked good when I sold it to a co-worker.

8. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

I use to tell people to get the Air Jacket, but they are exactly what slapppy said.

The clear one scratches like no other and the black one's paint chips off the corners.

I love its minimalistic design, but there are better options out there, like the Incipio Feather.

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

The matte black one is horrible.

Attached Files:

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Yep, add me to the list of those with a PS Air Jacket sitting in a drawer collecting dust. I switched to the Incipio Feather (one red, one white) and for ultimate protection I'm using the Speck CandyShell. Love the Feather's when I'm wearing a suit and just want minimal bulk!!

11. hsk macrumors regular

Have both too (Candyshell & Feather), but I find that even the Feather can cause slight scratches on the back. I am a Candyshell man now (Batwing - good enough for even a suit!).

But I went with a Feather over the Air Jacket - Feather is better of the two, IMO.

12. Houls macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

I also had the black Air Jacket and it did indeed scratch the hell out of my bezel. I ended up using the Radtech Bezel Blaster to buff out the scratches and gave the AJ to a friend. Back to the Magnesium Incase Slider.

13. javanutsy macrumors newbie

Been using the Candy Shell and just ordered the Feather for a thin-as-possible case. I hope the Feather won't disappoint, as I've been spoiled by the Candy Shell, which leaves absolutely zero marks on the phone...