Power Support AJ users - Clear, Clear Matte or Rubber Black?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tsturbo, Nov 22, 2014.

1. tsturbo macrumors regular

tsturbo

What is your experience if you have used any of these.

Is the rubber black any thicker than clear?
    Does the clear yellow over time?
    Do you see a lot of dust build up inside case on the clear or clear matte?
    Does rubber black have more grip than clear matte?
    Does rubber black or clear matte show fingerprints?
    I know the clear would show the most fingerprints, but what about scratches?

Any comments based on your experience with any of the 3 Power Support Air Jacket colors would be appreciated. TIA!

I am considering one of the 3 for my upcoming 6+:eek:

2. tsturbo thread starter macrumors regular

tsturbo

3. Tgrey macrumors member

Buy black one, dust gets under case very easily, I need to clean it weekly to my taste, but it's too difficult to take off, I returned for this reason. If you don't care much about that, I think smoke is my favourite

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

5. rcw2012 macrumors member

I have both the Clear and Rubber Black for my iPhone 6. I got the Clear first and love the look of it with the iPhone. It didnt yellow at all and only picked up a few very light scratches after quite a lot of use. However I found a few small specks of dust did get in behind the phone and it was quite slippery to use. So much so that I dropped it from quite a height (very luckily without damaging the phone or the case) and that convinced me to get the Rubber Black.

In terms of the Rubber Black it's definitely much less slippery and I like the all black look. It also seems to be pretty much the exact same thickness as the Clear. The only downside I am finding is it picks up fingerprints etc very easily and they are easier to see than on the Clear one.

So overall gonna stick with the Black for now but they each have their pro's and con's. Finally should add I am talking about the original PowerSupport version and not the "Force" version being sold by Apple.

6. tsturbo thread starter macrumors regular

tsturbo

Thank you, great information :D

Keep it coming - anything on clear matte?

7. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I bought the smoke and black.

Smoke - stunning but dust gets behind it and it's difficult to remove, both are. Attracts finger prints and difficult to remove all dust once off.

Black - perfect balance, better grip, very slim and you can't see any dust/lint.

Buy direct from PS as they are slimmer than the Apple versions

8. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

I got the clear matte Power Support Air Jacket Force (Apple version of the PSAJ, which has a somewhat controversial lip). It's excellent; resists finger prints pretty well and looks great on my space black iPhone. I have a clear case (Ringke Fusion) which is excellent as well, but I prefer the general look of the PSAJ better. It'll likely show less dust also.

Be warned: the case is extremely hard to remove. If you're OCD and get clear, be warned.

9. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I laugh at those who say this case is hard to take off - 3 simple steps

Anyways I have the black rubber and its a great case. The rubber gets fingerprints easily after a few days but wipe cleanly. Think Nexus 5 or 7 soft back feel. I lay my phone on my pinky when using 2 handed, and this case has some sharp edges that bother me after long usage. That's nit picking though for sure. Still a great buy.

This is my second choice case however. Black Apple leather case for me.

10. faded03cobra macrumors regular

Bought the matte yesterday from Apple. Love the added grip and feel. LOL at everyone who think its difficult to remove. Not difficult at all if you can read.

11. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

The clear TPU was just way too slippery and slimy feeling even after a little bit of use with clean hands. Two thumbs down. I returned it the same day.

I can't believe case manufacturers are still making cases with slippery plastic material like this that literally turns you off from using your phone.

That said, the fit and finish were good. The rubber one is probably better.

12. Tgrey macrumors member

We just don't want to scratch or damage phones while removing case, if I take it off from others phone, I can do it in 2 seconds.

13. tsturbo thread starter macrumors regular

tsturbo

Wow, pro and con, thinking I may use it naked and carry in a SENA leather pouch while in my pocket, went this route with ip4, I really like the look of the 6/6+ and thought the PSAJ might be the solution and it still might be.

Concerns:
    Clear showing dust, scratches and slippery
    Black rubber showing fingerprints

Thinking why not use it as Apple intended?

Always a risk of dropping it, I know but it seems using it naked lets me enjoy the sleekness of the phone, no dust build up, fingerprints removed easily and a high quality pouch when not in use:confused:

14. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

My black rubber PS just came in. Wow, this has to be almost perfect for the Space Gray 6 Plus. I like the added grip, and the fit is perfect. Personally, I also like the uncovered buttons as it makes them easier to locate by touch (a challenge with my leather Apple case)

15. tsturbo thread starter macrumors regular

tsturbo

Are fingerprints an issue?

16. Jcbydesign macrumors newbie

Just received my Air Jacket clear matte case for my gold plus. This is the best case! Fits perfectly. No clicking. Not too hard to get off if you follow instructions. Keeps the beautiful Matt feel of phone back. Couldn't be happier.

17. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I do think it might collect a few, kind of like the matte Incipio Feather. But they wipe off with microfiber and a screen cleaner.

18. fultonjt macrumors member

fultonjt

I have both matte and the clear and prefer the matte without question. Shows less lint and fingerprints.

19. Jcbydesign macrumors newbie

I also think the grip is better on matte version.

20. Squatting Tiger macrumors newbie

Had the Clear, then went to black... and you know what they say...

Black does not leave and fingerprints, and if there is a bit of oily residue, wipes off instantly.

Attached Files:

21. tsturbo thread starter macrumors regular

tsturbo

Thank you!:cool: