Power Support anti-glare = decreased sensitivity?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Roflcopterrr, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Roflcopterrr macrumors member

I don't know if it's the phone or what, but I got a new iPhone a few days ago and I instantly put on an anti-glare at the apple store. On my old 3GS, I could simply tap LIGHTLY and it would register a press. Now, I have to actually PRESS on the screen to register something. I don't have to press hard, but I still have to press. It makes typing harder :|

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

i've always used these films and haven't noticed it - when you remove it, do you see the reverse?

the only thing I notice is that the touch screen is much "smoother" with this specific film on, meaning that you can almost "slide" over the icons. hard to explain, but there is a noticeable difference and I would see what you mean if you aren't deliberately touching the screen.

3. Roflcopterrr thread starter macrumors member

i would try to compare with/without the film but I can't risk taking it off :(

4. salesguy macrumors regular

Just use a piece of scotch tape, wrap it around your finger with sticky side out and grab at a corner, it will come up as easy as it went on. I have taken mine off a few times with no ill effects, just make sure you have something to put on the back of the screen so it does not pickup and residual dust.

And FWIW, I have noticed no decreased sensitivity with the PS AG. ;)

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I didi what I said I wouldn't and went back to the PS Anti-Glare. I get no decreased sensitivity at all...aaaand no finger prints.

:cool: