Power Support anti-glare film for MacBook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by the1payday, Mar 9, 2010.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

Does anyone have any experience with the power support anti-glare film? I'm thinking of getting one for my 13" MBP, and would love some comparison pictures if available (can't seem to find that many on google) or just a general review of the product. A few sites who have reviewed it have all said it does an amazing job of being a true matte screen substitute, but I figured I'd ask my fellow macrumorers their opinions on it, if any. Thanks!

2. pmcb macrumors member

the only thing i have heard the dissuaded me from buying it is that it is NOT the quality of a true matte screen. I also used a weird matte finish ipod touch screen cover (i didn't realize it was matte when i bought it) but it made the sceeen grainy on lighter colors and i wouldn't like that same effect on my 13" mbp. if you do get one i would love to hear your input on it because i have never actually used the product.

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

4. m85476585 macrumors 65816

+1

I have a matte screen protector on my iPod Touch, and it's not nearly as good as a real matte screen. The glass still reflects just as much light, and the matte finish just diffuses it. A real matte screen reflects a lot less light.

5. crobbins macrumors 6502

Before buying a 15 inch Anti-Glare, I had the first release of the unibody MacBook Pro. I hated the glare so I purchased one of the films to put on my machine. While it did a decent job, I always felt like everything just looked a little bit too grainy. I ended up taking it off and felt like I wasted 35 dollars. I've seen plenty of reviews here where people say they love it though. To each his own I suppose..

6. the1payday thread starter macrumors 6502

the1payday

7. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

hi,

the films will add a slight blurry feeling to the screen such as the poster above mentioned.

i love my 13" and do not want a 15" so i used tech restores service to make my 13" into a 13" antiglare.

there service is great and will not void your warranty on the other laptop's components.