Power Support Anti Glare Film - How many tries?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Mar 21, 2009.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

So how many times did it take you guys to get this one without bubbles?

It's awfully difficult to do it the way they suggest on the instruction leaflet.

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i believe the guys at the apple store will do this for you. a friend of mine had them do it and it looks pretty good.

3. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

Agh...I can only imagine considering how difficult it is to install those on iPhones. I've probably installed 25+ of those things and I still can't get it right.
    How does the anti-glare look on the MBP though?

4. isaki87 macrumors regular

I got it right on the first try. But I ended up losing it as I got my computer replaced. I started from the bottom up.

5. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I've just seen what the screen looks like when it's on and I don't think I'm willing to live with the amount of degredation that it creates and since the manufacturer makes it difficult to open their packaging it's unlikely that I can return this too. Bit of a waste in my case I guess.

6. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Very very difficult to install... you must be very very patient... it took me 2 hours to install it because at first i got bubbles all over it... then i tried again with a squeegee and it didn't help... so i end up rip it apart and leave my MacBook Pro the way it is.

I'm very very bad with stickers. I hate stickers.

How many times? ha.. 38 times !!! :mad::mad::mad:

7. theLimit macrumors 6502a

theLimit

One trick I use is to apply it in the bathroom with the door closed and the shower turned on hot. A bit of steam keeps the dust out of the air.

But don't make it too steamy, wouldn't want to trigger those wonderful liquid sensors.

8. steffi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Did anybody return it even though the packaging was ripped apart and the back has been removed from the film a couple of times?

9. genmic macrumors regular

I would return it in any condition if your unhappy with it. Things like that happen and its not really going to matter as they are just going to throw it away anyways whatever the condition the packaging is in.