Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set - Can you reapply?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JoelMarcey, Jul 5, 2009.

1. JoelMarcey macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Hi,

I know this will sound like a layman question (because it is), but I want to be absolutely sure.

Today I bought the Power Support Anti-Glare Film Set from the Apple Store in order to protect my 3GS screen (the folks there said it was the most popular and possibly the best screen protector. I trusted them).

Anyway, a little while after the applied the protector to my 3GS, I noticed that there was a small hair in between the protector and the screen. I want to get that out.

It is just fine to remove the protector, remove the hair and *reapply the same protector* again right? No issues with the static cling or anything like that after reapplying?

Thanks.

2. psywzrd macrumors 68030

You can definitely do that but try to do it without removing whole thing. Just peel back the screen protector to expose the hair and then use a piece of tape to get it off. Then lay the screen protector back down and you should be good to go.

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

OP, do it exactly like this and you should be able to drop the screen protector right back on.

Good thing it comes with 2 huh? :D

4. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Thanks psywzrd.

Yeah. Well that is what made me ask this question in a way. Since it came with 2, I was wondering if reapplying was frowned upon. I assumed that it came with 2 in case the first one got all mucked up or scratched up or something.

5. threezero macrumors 6502

reapplying is fine as long as you do not get even 1 speck of dust under it when u lift the protector up.

Very hard to do compare to a fresh install, I suggest you do it in a steamy washroom

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Or have someone experienced apply it for you. A worker at the Apple store applied mine and said he does loads every day. He did a great job :D

7. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Getting that 1 speck of dust is only cosmetic right? In other words, the dust isn't going to cause any damage, it is just going to drive you crazy. As such, you say maybe just do a fresh install.

8. threezero macrumors 6502

that speck of dust will translate to a bubble that you can't push out to the side on screen protector.

I have live with bubbles on my screen protector for 2 days before deciding it not worth it and reapply a new one. However I have seen frds that suck at applying protectors live with 5+ bubbles on the screen for a few month and still do.

Like i said if you do it in steamy washroom or be really really careful it is posisble to not get the dust in between. also make sure you remove it only with tape, not lifting any of its corner with a thin car or something cause if you get the corner just a litte bit dirty it will no longer stick

9. JoelMarcey thread starter macrumors 6502

JoelMarcey

Right now the only "bubble" I have is at the top of the protector at the top of the phone. A place that I never touch, but it just looks like it hasn't stuck all the way down. I don't find that too big of a deal.

10. astudentis macrumors regular

One thing is that if you peal it @ the area of the dust, and you accidentally touch the sticky back with more dust, its going to look even more bad

11. Phillyphil0302 macrumors member

^^^Taking your iPhone into a "steamy washroom" is not a good idea. You might trip it's very sensitive water submersion indicator/s, hence voiding the warranty.

Use the included pre-application adhesive tape thingy to wipe the screen and you should be fine after that.

12. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

x2 - had mine done yesterday. plus, if they screw it up, the guy offered me a new one

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

you can also take it off, wash it in soapy water (rinse it afterwards!), and then reapply

just make sure its completely dry before you try to put it back on
    dont want water on your iPhone!

14. sellitom macrumors member

sellitom

Exactly! It will look even more bad.