Power Support Anti-Glare film set

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by playmaker21, Jul 5, 2008.

1. playmaker21 macrumors newbie

2. chris1016 macrumors member

I got this and love it, but it's set to the glass by static, so lint and dust will be attracted to it. Not sure if it'll work on the 3G, because the new model is wider and (?) taller.

3. playmaker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

anybody please??? I want to have this for launch day so i can put it on right away but if its not going to fit on the 3G iPhone then im not going to order it

4. w00tme macrumors member

don't order it. the current version will be too small. there was a post in another thread about this. they are working on a 3g version. ;)

5. heyp macrumors 6502

was the 1st gen version available at launch? just trying to get an idea if the new version will be available this friday

6. playmaker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

DANG IT!!!...just came in to my house 10 mins ago via fed ex. I am going to give it a shot. I think its going to work because iPhone 3G's screen has not been changed in size or anything compared to the first iPhone

7. w00tme macrumors member

8. playmaker21 thread starter macrumors newbie

From looking at this side by side picture of the original iPhone and the new iPhone 3G the front looks almost exactly the same besides the little black line going down along the screen on the 3G

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/3giphoneunbox/1002613585

(original iPhone on the left and the iPhone 3G on the right)

9. geestring macrumors newbie

im in canada where they only sell ipod touch anti glare films. Is the touch and iphone the same in dimension?

10. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

The touch films don't have the cutout for the speaker.

11. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I tried the old Anti-Glare Film on my iPhone 3G. It lines up with the earpiece and Home Button but falls short top-bottom-sides by almost 1.5mm.

12. slapppy macrumors 65816

I would still use it temporarily until the manufacturers can get the new versions out that would fit perfectly. At least your protecting the most important area of the screen.

13. note235 macrumors 6502a

anybody have a picture of the antiglare shield versus crystal?
    thanks

14. LateNightRadio macrumors newbie

We already have the film sets for the iPhone 3G in our local Apple Store...

And as far as the difference between them.. the crystal film will keep the current look of your iPhone (and the fingerprints that go with it), and the anti-glare is more of a matte MacBook Pro look and feel.

15. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

the antiglare is horrible. the screen is a lot less clear. i had it on my ipod touch and it sucked.

16. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

alternatively, you can order them online. while i don't see them on the online apple store, you can order them direct here.

they're really not bad. they keep the finger prints away, and that keeps me sane. :)

17. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

i agree it keeps the fingerprints away. but id makes the screen so less clear. i didnt like it

18. iphone529 macrumors regular

just bought this anti-glare film yesterday, will be returning it today, it was terrible. Not only was it to small for the iPhone, about a mm on all sides, but it was so thick, the screen looked terrible and it felt rough. if you want to be super protected get this, otherwise go get the crystal version, much better imho.

19. meagain macrumors 68030

IDK why anyone would buy the Anti-Glare version. It sucks compared to the regular Crystal.
    Anyway - I dry-fitted my PS Crystal and see it's cut narrower than it should. Much more than the old version did. I think they screwed up. Not sure what to do about it but hopeing they re-do this.

I'm going to send them an email on this "cut too narrow" issue and I suggest everyone do the same.