Power Support Anti-Glare - horizontal lines?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chains007, Aug 22, 2009.

1. chains007 macrumors newbie

Hi - I just picked up the Power Support Anti-Glare screen protectors from the Apple store - read some excellent reviews. I fully expected the quality of the screen to decrease which i was willing to sacrifice no finger prints and better feel - however, i didn't expect to see horizontal lines all over the screen. I can see them in particular on a white background - but still noticeable all the time. In fact, even when the screen is off - I can see a horizontal line pattern. Almost like an interference pattern. If i start tilting my phone back and forth, the lines look like they move up and down. Very weird.

Is this normal? i took my phone to the apple store and they said it was. However, i can't believe that these screen protectors would get such rave reviews if the result were these strange horizontal lines.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

No, its definitely not normal. I have used these screen protectors a lot and have never had that issue.

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I never noticed any horizontal lines on my Anti-Glares either. Whoever told you that was normal at the Apple store is an idiot. There's obviously a decrease in clarity but it's a fair trade for the lack of fingerprints and smudging. Go back to that store and see if anyone else there has the Anti-Glare on their phone so you can see what it's supposed to look like - then demand that they exchange yours for a new set.

4. chains007 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the responses. I'll definitely give another set a try (i tried both shield in my set and both had the issue...probably from the same lot).

I found it hard to imagine that people would love their anti-glare's that much with the lines...and i guess i just got a bad batch.