Power support anti-glare mess with front camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dsr1205, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

when looking through a antiglare iphone screen cover before application, it looks kinda fuzzy. Will the front facing camera be blocked or hindered through an anti-glare cover? Im holding off on pulling the trigger on which to buy; crystal or anti-glare. What are your thoughts?

2. fuzion macrumors 6502

If most companies follow suit:

[​IMG]

You can see the opening for the speaker is big enough so the camera remains open/uncovered.

3. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

I can't imagine them not making a cutout for the camera just like the earpiece/speaker.

Not sure about anti-glare vs. crystal this time around. I had anti-glare on my 3G and while it reduces fingerprints immensely and gives a nice surface for gliding your finger across, once removed you'll be WOWED at the difference. I had forgotten just how nice the iPhone's screen was until I recently took it off when doing a warranty replacement. Much more vivid/clearer/colorful/sharper.

Crystal is supposed to be very similar to the original glass - fingerprint magnet and all. It will offer protection and not reduce the screen's optics from what I've read.

That being said, their website lists both the anti-glare and crystal as "new formulas". I emailed them and asked how much better the anti-glare will be than it was on the 3G/3GS and they said:

"The new HD formula show less pixilation than the current 3G iPhone Model. Thank you for your interest."

Not exactly the most detailed answer.

I'm still torn myself.

4. Dsr1205 thread starter macrumors 6502

i was gonna buy the crystal but i was using my iphone about a week ago, outside, not in direct sunlight the whole time but the glare was so horrible, even with maxxed brightness, half the time i was viewing trees, myself, and the sun. Glossy is just so annoying sometimes.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Totally agree. Loved my anti-glare, and it lasted longer than the other clear ones I had. But once I took it off, I'd forgotten how awesome the screen is. I probably won't be doing an anti-glare on the new iPhone.

6. Machoo macrumors member

Anti Glare

How funny. I too preached the anti glare to anybody who would listen. Then one day I noticed dust under my screen - totally un-related to the screen protector. So I took the screen protector off and was instantly slapped right in the eyes with how much better my iphone screen looked without that screen protector on there. I had it on for 6 months or better and I was so happy with it. I was sitting on the couch later that day and my wife looked over at my phone and asked why my screen looked so much better than hers! HAHA! Right then and there she told me to get the anti glare off her phone too! So, we have been rockin the iphone bare glassed and I can say that I won't go back and if you are thinking about it you should give it some serious thought before you cover that new beautiful iphone 4 screen.

7. Dsr1205 thread starter macrumors 6502

i preordered a wrapsol. Moneyback guarantee works for me!

8. timothytripp macrumors newbie

I have the crystal clear on my iPhone 3GS. Fingerprints are a little easier to wipe off the oleophobic screen without the protector, but it's COMPLETELY clear and doesn't degrade picture quality at all (unlike the anti-glare one). I decided to NOT get these for our 2 iPads, mainly because they're $24.95 each and Apple assured me that the iPad glass was extremely resistant to scratches. Now one of them has a couple of (very small but noticeable) scratches even though we've been extremely careful with them! I *think* it might be from one of my wife's rings brushing up against it but there's no way to know at this point. Hopefully the screen protector will make the screen look perfect again. Very sad when the light hits it just right...

So... I'm going to get the crystal covers for both the iPads and our new iPhone 4s. If the screen quality on the iPhone 4 is impacted at all, I might take it off and send it back, but based on my experience with the 3Gs I expect that it will be perfect.