Power Support Anti-Glare Question.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HellaFilthy, Oct 22, 2010.

1. HellaFilthy macrumors member

I tried to search, but couldn't find an answer... But does this mess up the retina display on the iPhone 4? I know it made it somewhat blurry for the older models, but I just want to know how the display is for the iPhone 4.

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

3. RIPNHL2005 macrumors member

It does blur out the screen somewhat but I have it and would rather it blur it out a bit than deal with the plain glass screen covered in fingerprints!

4. HellaFilthy thread starter macrumors member

Ahh. That's what I was worried about. Guess I'll just stick with my BodyGuardz front.

5. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

My sentiments exactly. I picked up mine @ the Apple store yesterday. I love it. I noticed that I had a scratch on my screen before even installing the shield and I do not even know where it come from so I will be definitely rocking the protector daily.

6. in0va3 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have an HD Anti-Glare too but will put on later since I don't want to waste the cystal screen protector I just put on.

7. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I just took my second one off. I have used the HD AG for a few weeks and then went back to crystal. I get tired of the fingerprints and try the AG again. Ultimately for me, its not worth the loss in clarity. I like it for a few days then I see my wife's or a friend's and realize my looks fuzzy. I just installed a PS Crystal this afternoon and have a ton of fingerprints already but its worth it. Perfectly clear and protected.

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

haha same here, i get the antiglare than a few days i take it off when i see someones crystal clear screen. I put on the crystal front and back and im going to stick with it .. im starting to waste to much money on shields..

9. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

It does add some grain to the screen, however the lack of fingerprints and the way your finger just glides across it makes the anti glare totally worth it for me.

10. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

The "glide" is really what I missed. I used the Bodyguardz for almost a month solid after my PS got completely screwed due to me being a complete idiot and not taking care of my technology.

I put on one of the PS AG that I had in my bucket of crap due to being completely irritated with the stickiness of the Bodyguardz trying to play Devil may Cry 4 and Ridge Racer. I really have no clue as to why I didn't just put the PS back on in the first place. No idea why I went with the Bodyguardz. Prorbably because the Dry Apply was the latest and greatest at the time.

Anyway, despite the minor loss in clarity the phone still looks gorgeous without having to constantly wipe it on my pants to clean it off. Oddly the screen still looks better than every other phone out there, even with the minor degragation of clarity.

11. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

some people say it completely ruins the the screen but it doesnt , it does make it a little bit blurry but it still looks much better than the 3gs screen, i like them for there ability to not show tons of fingerprints and ease to install.

12. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

13. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Funny, I actually bought a set yesterday. The graininess added is less than the older version of the PowerSupport anti-glare for the iPhone 3G/3GS if you've ever used one of those. Feels nice and is very fingerprint resistant.

14. Rattle&Hum macrumors newbie

Installed mine yesterday and got what I expected and hoped for... Glare-free and fingerprint-free surface that is smooth to navigate. My hands are obnoxiously clammy (much to my wife's chagrin) so my fingers tend to stick to the bare glass unless they are perfectly dry. The PS HD is nice and smooth and my fingers don't stick at all. I'm happy to sacrifice ~5% (at most - its quite minimal) of the screen quality to enjoy the freedom from giving my iPhone constant microfiber massages.

15. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

hey everyone with the front Anti glare on , what do you use for the back of the phone ? I just tried the Powersupport crystal back and its really nice, not as rubbery like the zagg's

16. aluren macrumors 65816

It does blur the screen a bit and at first I thought it was ok but decided to take it off. It just doesn't seem like a retina display with it on. You should just get a crystal shield.

17. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I use a Power Support crystal on the back, I'm wishing PS made the anti-glare for the back too.