Power Support Crystal Film 3g - Doesn't Fit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by meagain, Jul 13, 2008.

1. meagain macrumors 68030

I have it on my 2g and loved it so bought the 3g version. Dry fitting it clearly shows it cut narrower than desired. 2g offered more coverage. Mine is clearly undersized.. Any others with the same experience?

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Same here but my silicone case has the rest covered.

3. Rynology macrumors regular

Rynology

Ya I have the silicon case as well so the entire phone is covered. Otherwise I thought it fit pretty well.

4. SPeditor macrumors regular

5. Rynology macrumors regular

Rynology

I got the Belkin Etched Silicone in black/red. Been a nice case so far.

6. Potsnu macrumors newbie

Same thing, the slight gap is attracting dust/lint from the static electricity. I have no idea how it manages to get it under the skin!

7. VaMac macrumors member

Same here but I got the Agent 18 case and it has the rest covered. I still e-mailed Power Support with my Apple Store receipt and asked that they send me a replacement pack. Hopefully they will.

8. kleinishere macrumors member

Could one of you possibly takes some pictures w/out the cases on so we can all see it? It would be very appreciated!

9. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

It seems fine to me. I was initially concerned from what I've heard from others and the images I'd seen, but mine fits fine. It should be noted that I ordered it after I got home from picking up my iPhone 3G on Friday the 11th, so it may be an updated version.

10. mntentman macrumors regular

I think it fits fine too. I ordered IS and it was delivered today, but I thought I would try to PS Crystal first, so I picked one up at the Apple Store. Easy to put on, virtually invisible, I think it looks great. There is a tiny gap around the edge, but you would have to know what you are looking for to even see that there is a protector on there... and I think any wider and it would be subject to peeling and mine will be in a case that will cover any tiny gap anyway.