Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I will never use anything other than PS crystal films for all my devices. Quality is perfect and I have always been able to lay them down utterly flawlessly without so much as a tiny tiny speck of dust or fuzz underneath.

So naturally when I got my iPad 4, I bought a PS crystal film for it.

It arrived earlier this week. I was a bit apprehensive about trying to lay a protector on an iPad since it's huge, and since they only give you one in the box and with shipping it came out to a whopping $40. I'm pretty sure others I've had in the past for smaller devices included two in case you messed up, but I may be mistaken.

Anyway I figured if they were charging 40 bucks and only giving you one, they would probably provide you with some kind of tabs or some type of aid to help you install it given the size.

Nope.

Opened the box, aside from the usual cleaning cloths it was just the screen protector and the backing. No special tabs or anything to help hold it while you lay it.

In the end it took me over one hour to install it, but I couldn't get it 100% flawless. The first time I laid it down it was 100% perfect, but it was not centered perfectly, with about a solid 1 mm of screen unprotected on the left side and completely covered on the right side of the screen. So after that I struggled with it for over an hour to get it perfect.

In the end I got it lined up perfectly, no bubbles or anything like that, but I did end up with one small speck of fuzz right in the middle, but I didn't notice it when I was laying it down since I had put so many prints on it the numerous times it took to lay down right after that first try. In the end I'm happy with it, and decided not to try and pry it half off to get the one speck out with a piece of tape.

Not sure what the point of this thread is, but if you are thinking of getting one, you best be a pro because they do not provide any kind of installation aids. Have to say, I was a little bit disappointed by that. That said, the protector is the same flawless quality you'd expect from PS, and I will continue to buy them for all idevices.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
1mm imperfection and you started over? You're nuts!! ;)

If you go for that middle speck I guarantee you'll regret it by getting more in than you got out.

Enjoy! =)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.