Power Support Crystal Film size differences

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mntentman, Jul 21, 2008.

1. mntentman macrumors regular

I posted in a couple of threads that my PS Crystal Film fit just fine on my iPhone 3G, despite the experience of some people. But tonight I bought a package from the Apple Store for my daughter's new iPhone 3G and this one is significantly smaller. Even under a Griffin Elan, it leaves quite a gap at the top but especially the sides. Maybe this is an early version and later ones fit better, I don't know. But even though this is a great product, I am not happy with the size of this.

2. taphil macrumors regular

The one made for the 3G iPhone specifically says "For iPhone 3G" on the outer horizontal paper that wraps around the package; it's about 2mm wider. The one made for the old iPhone lacks the quoted text.

3. pj rage macrumors 6502

Does the one that IS for the 3G leave any gap whatsoever to the edges? Or, does anyone who has any gap have the older version?

4. tobytoby macrumors member

Mine probably has about 1mm around the edges - maybe a bit less - and as the poster above said, it says "3G" on the sleeve of the packaging.

5. mntentman thread starter macrumors regular

All of mine were clearly labeled for 3G.. I was very careful about that... and there is a significant difference between them.

This is from my receipt...

Power Support Crystal Film iPhone 3G
    Part Number: TS505LL/A
    $ 14.95

6. skorpien macrumors 68020

I suggest you take it back and request a newer one. Somebody in these forums actually wrote Power Support regarding the size difference and they told him it was an early manufacturing defect. They asked for a proof of purchase since he ordered it online from the Apple Store (not their own site), and they sent him a new one that was cut to fit better. So if Apple Store doesn't take it back you can always contact Power Support and see if they will.