Power Support Crystal HD vs Zagg Invisible Shield - Scratch test - Which is better?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hamzab, Dec 22, 2010.

1. hamzab macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Searched around fr an answer but to no avail.

Which is better for scratch prevention? I've seen Zagg videos of some pretty hardcore key action against the Invisible shield but it's always turned out fine. Is this the same with the Power support films? I've heard they are better than the Invisible shield in terms of clearness and now of that yellow tinge issue, plus I personally like the seperaye cut for the front camera and ear piece rather than one big hole which the Invisible shield has.

Thanks guys

P.S - Where is the power support available in the Uk?

2. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

The IS doesn't look are good but is better scratch protection since it is like a rubber type shield that can absorb and self heal itself.

The PS looks awesome but after a few months of normal wear and tear or a bad drop and you will need to replace it. Good thing is that it comes with 2. The antiglare shows less scratches and only barely dulls the screen. No resolution loss but not as bright.

You may want to look into the Bodyguardz. I use it currently (the dry apply version) and it looks pretty good while still allowing for IS style protection. Very slight orange peel that after a copy days goes almost completely away.

Basically the caveat with the Bodyguardz (at least the dry apply that I have)is that you have to wait a few days. It looked like poo for a day and a half. The third day when I woke to go to work, the screen was completely clean and looked perfect. Now I can barely tell I have a protector on.

I will say that the PS feels better than the Bodyguardz, but the Bodyguardz feels better than the really sticky feel of the IS.