Power Support Crystal is doing front and back protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by VeNoMiZeD, Jun 29, 2010.

1. VeNoMiZeD macrumors 6502

FILM PROTECTORS that is..

I apologize if this isn't new information. I really like their front protectors from the previous IPhones I had. So I called them up inquiring about the back and was going to make a suggestion but the rep confirmed a back was also going to be made. That's my pick for front and back protection with Apple bumper!

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

3. VeNoMiZeD thread starter macrumors 6502

No I just called them about 5 minutes ago and the rep I spoke to confirmed. I didn't ask for details but hopefully it's with proper cutouts for the camera and flash. I doubt they will cut corners for the cutouts.

4. Wetwipes macrumors member

Any idea when these will be out as PS is my cover of choice too. I'm from the UK and always have trouble getting PS products.

5. VeNoMiZeD thread starter macrumors 6502

The rep I spoke to said mid to late July.

6. VeNoMiZeD thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I called back to verify and now I'm being told it's two fronts that are bieng made. That's retarded if you ask me. Just make the damn back while your at its the same size with just different cutouts.

Sorry I thought I was given correct info but apparently not.

Make suggestions if you have time, maybe they'll listen to the their buyers:

CustomerService@powersupportusa.com

7. Wetwipes macrumors member

Geez, and I thought Power Support were the sensible ones!

I've emailed customer support, will let you know what reply I get.

8. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Jeez! We're running out of options! SGP doesn't have cutouts for the front camera, PS doesn't have a back film, and Wrapsol is just a complete mess. This sucks!! :(

I'm thinking of just getting the SGP and taking a hole punch to it lol.

9. Wetwipes macrumors member

Wow - that was quick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The iPhone 4 films will include two front skins. It is available for pre-order on our website and will ship on July 26th.

We will be offering a different film set that will include a front and back skin. The release date on that is yet to be determined. Please check Power Support USA for more information.

So there you go! Good news after all! :D

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Don't do the hole punch. I've tried it with SGP's film and it doesn't work-- it'll just mess up the film and you'll have bubbles around the hole.

11. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Oh, thanks for the heads up. I guess I have to live with cheapo films off of ebay until PS releases front + back or SGP adds that extra hole.

12. VTAb182 macrumors regular

Sorry this is kinda off topic, but why do you folks prefer PS films? Not saying you shouldn't, but are they smoother, longer lasting, or what?

13. freedevil macrumors 6502a

freedevil

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. The iPhone 4 films will include two front
    skins. It is available for pre-order on our website and will ship on July
    26th.

We will be offering a different film set that will include a front and back
    skin. The release date on that is yet to be determined. Please check Power
    Support USA for more information.

Terrance
    Customer Service
    Power Support USA
    1430 Flower St.
    Glendale, CA 91201

14. john3478 macrumors member

This is where PS films really good at
    - When you use invisible shield, the finger movement on the screen just not feel like glass. The finger did not move as smoothly as PS.
    - PS has non liquid solution.
    - PS has really clean skin and you will not notice the skin protector is there at all.
    - PS pay attention to the detail.

I am not from PS but that just my experience

15. VeNoMiZeD thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree, It's the best hands down. Its not a full body wrap but it can't be beat on the front and back film protector areas.

16. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Have any of you also tried SGP's protectors? How do they compare to PS?

17. VeNoMiZeD thread starter macrumors 6502

I haven't, the other nice thing about PS its super easy to put on too.

18. Uabcar macrumors 6502

why so long?

July 26th seems like a very long time. I'm sure there is much more to it but intuitively you'd think that it would only take a short time to get the exact dimensions off the new phone and get cutting.

I know the anti-glare version is being re-worked - are they also changing the crystal version as well?

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I've tried both and prefer PS. I bought one of the SGP Anti-Fingerprint shields for my 3GS a while back and found it to be very cloudy (it actually gave me a headache to look at it). The PS Anti-Glare was definitely better for me but you'll definitely notice a loss in clarity with it or any other anti-glare shield. I'm very curious to see how their new shields look though since they're supposed to be HD-compatible or something like that.

20. galenmd macrumors regular

I've been using a PS crystal for my 3g for the last 2 years. It feels like glass and I sometimes forgot that it's there. My original purchase came with 2 screens and I only ever needed one. I still had the second one left over and placed it on my iP4. It does not fit quite right, but I really don't care. Since the time I installed it, I haven't even noticed that it is off a little.

I ordered a BSE and will certainly use it for the sides. I will install it on the back until PS comes out with a back shield. I really want to keep the naked feel of the phone, but offer some scratch protection.

I switch to a real case when I get bored looking at my new toy.

21. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Yeah, here's a photo of my phone with the SGP EX Crystal Film on. Zero bubbles, but unfortunately they don't have all of the cut-outs , but will soon be adding one for the back flash at least. Haven't tried out a Power Support yet, but I've seen people say it's clearer than SGP so I'll see when its available for sale.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      515.8 KB
      Views:
  22. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

Looks nice!... thanks for the pic. I've used SGP films before and was really happy with them, but I've always wanted to try the PS to see which is better. Too bad PS is taking so damn long to get their product out!

23. Jaw3000 macrumors regular

I've use PowerSupport Crystal films in the past with great success, but am looking at getting something to use on my iPhone 4 until the PS films are shipping. I only want to use static cling, so Wrapsol and IS are out. So is SGP, as it seems it uses a "silicon adhesive." The last thing I want to do is damage the screen or the oleophobic coating with a temporary protector. The only in-stock protector I know is static cling is BoxWave. Any recommendations?

24. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

It's pretty ****** how they will offer just two front films for now, but a front and back film at an 'undetermined date'. Pretty ass-backwards if you ask me. Guess they want to double their profits. I may just get the front films and use the SGP back film when they send my replacement.

25. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I placed a preorder for 3 sets because they said on their facebook page that it would ship July 26th with the Front AND Back :mad: