Power Support Crystal or SGP Ultra Optics for ipad3?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by amrogers3, Sep 30, 2012.

1. amrogers3 macrumors newbie

Which would you recommend? I don't like matte screens so I need something to put over the iPad display.

1) Which one reduces clarity the least?

2. docprego macrumors 65816

Crystal will definitely reduce quality least. It will however show a lot of fingerprints and smudges. I just installed the Ultra Optics on my iPad 3 and am very pleased with it. It reduces screen quality a very small amount but reduces fingerprints a very large amount.

3. amrogers3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Have you tried both the PS and SGP on the iPad 3?

4. docprego macrumors 65816

I currently have the Ultra Optics on my iPad 3. I had the PS Crystal on my iPhone 4S recently. PSC is clearer but UO resists fingerprints MUCH better and is fairly clear for an anti fingerprint screen protector.

5. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

I've got the power support crystal on my iPad and love it. You do get some finger prints, but they are not that noticeable compared a anti glare quality reduction.

6. tandeh macrumors regular

Martin fields overlay plus, got it for around £18 and actually improves the retina screen it's that clear and lets in more light than a window

7. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you want something that really keeps the clarity of the iPad, try the Spigen SGP glas.t. You're pretty much glueing an ultra thin piece of glass onto the screen, which in turn is as clear and feels like - you guessed it - glass.

If you want a more traditional screen protector, though, I'm really pleased with the clarity of the Spigen SGP Ultra Crystal, I actually put it on both my iPhone and iPad.