power support crystal reusable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rogue7, Jul 16, 2009.

1. rogue7 macrumors member

was just curious if you can re use one of their screen protectors and what method i would use to clean it to reuse

2. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

When i reused mine i just used water to clean it off.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Can you really re-use them? Mine wasn't exactly aligned when I put it on (anti glare, not crystal) and I would be glad to redo it.

4. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

Well I'll say this i put the anti glare on my 3Gs first. Took that off and stuck it back on the plastic it came with cleaning both with water. I then put on the crystal film. It was not perfect. I kept getting dust in between the screen and the protector so i took it off rinsed it with water, shook off as much water as i could then placed it on the phone, and i did that about three times before i got it right. Then two days later i put the anti glare film on my 3G after rinsing with water. both turned out perfect. Although you could see very slight moister between the phone but dried after a day or so.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Good to hear it's reusable, my films came with the air jacket package. Are those the same films (Air Jacket case comes with crystal and anti glare films vs. just the standalone films sold) because I don't want to waste it if I can.

EDIT: The films that come with the Air Jacket package are reusable as well. Just rinsed mine and reapplied to get rid of a tiny bit of hair and a bit of dust particles. Even though the film was wet when applied, it only created water bubbles, later removed by pushing them towards the edge and using a towel to wipe away the excess water.

6. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1