Power support crystal scratches!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by VonWillebrand, Sep 10, 2010.

1. VonWillebrand macrumors newbie

Have any of you noticed this? The scratches I have on mine are only visible with the screen turned off and you have to look really hard to spot them. Granted, I have dropped my phone twice but in hindsight these were very minor (happened inside the house too) and probably have nothing to do with the scratches. I've only had the PS films for a couple of weeks and am otherwise very pleased with them. Noticeable improvement over previous Zagg films but maybe not as durable in the long term?

2. rkmac macrumors 6502

rkmac

The protector scratches so that your phone doesn't have to. This is normal. Things scratch.

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Almost nothing is impervious to being scratched. It's gonna happen. I have the crystal too. With enough pressure, of course it would scratch.

4. Menzo macrumors member

Please note, screen protectors or similar full body protectors do not guarantee your iPhone God-mode invulnerability to damage.

5. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Note to self: Don't drop phone = no scratches on plastic screen protector. :rolleyes:

6. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

That's normal. Their hard covers have a tendency to scratch so if you want it pristine you'll have to replace it every few months or so. Better the protector than the screen right?

7. calvy macrumors 65816

well it happened to me too. I was at a music festival for 2 days and took my phone in and out of my pocket. No more than a normal day really. But after it was all over, I realized I had what looked like dust under the protector. I did the tape trick, but it didn't come off. I realized then it was a scratch. And after a little while, it bubbled up. So I took it off and put on some ClearCal protectors from Radtech. So far so good with them.

8. tigert07 macrumors regular

be thankful its not your screen. thats what its there for.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Clearly you need a protector for your screen protector. In fact, I'd recommend layering about 10 of them on top of each other just to be safe. Of course, the phone will then be a bit too thick for a normal case, so I suggest getting a nice solid Zero Halliburton steel camera case with a foam lining to protect the phone. The Halliburton scratches easily too, but a thick down sleeping bag should cover it nicely. You should probably consider a heavy nylon duffel bag for it though, as you don't want to risk ripping the sleeping bag and getting feathers everywhere.

10. tigert07 macrumors regular

this is exactly what needs to happen