Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VonWillebrand

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Have any of you noticed this? The scratches I have on mine are only visible with the screen turned off and you have to look really hard to spot them. Granted, I have dropped my phone twice but in hindsight these were very minor (happened inside the house too) and probably have nothing to do with the scratches. I've only had the PS films for a couple of weeks and am otherwise very pleased with them. Noticeable improvement over previous Zagg films but maybe not as durable in the long term?

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Almost nothing is impervious to being scratched. It's gonna happen. I have the crystal too. With enough pressure, of course it would scratch.

Menzo

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2010
Please note, screen protectors or similar full body protectors do not guarantee your iPhone God-mode invulnerability to damage.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
That's normal. Their hard covers have a tendency to scratch so if you want it pristine you'll have to replace it every few months or so. Better the protector than the screen right?

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
well it happened to me too. I was at a music festival for 2 days and took my phone in and out of my pocket. No more than a normal day really. But after it was all over, I realized I had what looked like dust under the protector. I did the tape trick, but it didn't come off. I realized then it was a scratch. And after a little while, it bubbled up. So I took it off and put on some ClearCal protectors from Radtech. So far so good with them.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Clearly you need a protector for your screen protector. In fact, I'd recommend layering about 10 of them on top of each other just to be safe. Of course, the phone will then be a bit too thick for a normal case, so I suggest getting a nice solid Zero Halliburton steel camera case with a foam lining to protect the phone. The Halliburton scratches easily too, but a thick down sleeping bag should cover it nicely. You should probably consider a heavy nylon duffel bag for it though, as you don't want to risk ripping the sleeping bag and getting feathers everywhere.

tigert07

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Clearly you need a protector for your screen protector. In fact, I'd recommend layering about 10 of them on top of each other just to be safe. Of course, the phone will then be a bit too thick for a normal case, so I suggest getting a nice solid Zero Halliburton steel camera case with a foam lining to protect the phone. The Halliburton scratches easily too, but a thick down sleeping bag should cover it nicely. You should probably consider a heavy nylon duffel bag for it though, as you don't want to risk ripping the sleeping bag and getting feathers everywhere.

this is exactly what needs to happen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.