Power Support Crystal screen protector WOW!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by reebs, Aug 20, 2010.

1. reebs macrumors 6502

reebs

Just got my Power Support screen protector from eBay from mygearstore. Bid $16 and got 2 front pieces for $16. Took my Zagg IS off and it's amazing the clarity on this. Doesn't feel like there is anything on the screen...no drag, no orange peel, no gumminess. Read here may have fingerprint issues but I think this is worth it with this clarity. Now I'm stuck with the Zagg IS lifetime warranty and I bought 2 for my hubby and I. Any takers? I have 1 unopened full body shipped $20. All you have to do is register on their website for lifetime warranty. Then you pay $4-5 or so for replacements.

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

The crystal is great for sure. Not sure why people complain about fingerprints though. Mine barely attracts any and when it does it just comes right off.

3. missygal Guest

missygal

4. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i have a set but haven't used them. I'm currently using OLE. happy with the OLE but will try the PS next month.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm very curious to hear how you guys like the Crystal after a few weeks and whether or not fingerprints become a real problem.

6. missygal Guest

missygal

Im sure I'll hate the fingerprints just like I do on my Casemate screen protector now. But seeing the screen so clear is well worth it to me!!

7. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

i always use clear..:) looks good..ordering onre for my iphone 4:apple:

just has that glass look like theres no screen protector on and the feel of it is nice:)

8. missygal Guest

missygal

Totally agree!!

9. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

The fingerprints become a problem but u just clean the screen off as u would without. If what you're looking for is to not clean the screen then these are probably not for u.

These Power Support screen protectors lay so flat to the screen that if there weren't cut-outs it would be very hard to see that there was actually a screen protector on the device. I showed my cousin my iPhone and he couldn't believe how the screens didn't take away from the overall look of the phone. It really does look like there's nothing there unlike some of the rubbery style screens that u can see from any distance. Or at least I can tell. Plus those rubbery style ones carry tons of bubbles and I have not one bubble on either side of my Power Support screens. By the way, I have the double screen, front and back, which I highly recommend. I use iKlear and soft cloths every few days to clean my iPhone for excess fingerprints and just regular grime from usual use. Later

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Have any of you guys who like the PS Crystal tried the SGP Ultra Oleophobic? I just took my Ultra Oleo off because the fingerprints became a real problem and they were tough to wipe off. I'm wondering how the PS compares to the SGP as far as picking up fingerprints and ease of wiping them off. In theory the SGP should be easier to clean but I don't have a PS Crystal to compare it to.

11. chanerz macrumors 6502a

12. Foo4Everlong macrumors member

Very easy! Just as easy as if there wasn't a screen protector on their and u were just cleaning the screen itself. I know what you're sayin', some screen protectors are rubbery thus making it difficult to wipe, but these are smooth and not rubbery, so u can wipe them so easily. Hope this helps. Later

13. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

I've never used a screen protector before, and was leaning toward the Invisible Shield until I began reading comments about the Power Support products. Could one or more of you folks tell me why you like Power Support more than Invisible Shield? Are the Power Support products easy to apply? Resistant to scratches?

Thanks for any feedback!

14. missygal Guest

missygal

I dont like IS because its rubbery, takes away from screen , finger doesnt slide as easy...

15. japanime macrumors 68000

japanime

I didn't realize that the Invisibleshield protector had a rubbery texture. That's a deal-killer for me. Thanks for the info!

16. missygal Guest

missygal

:D

17. IbisDoc macrumors 6502

Power support screen protectors + Apple bumper = perfect iPhone 4 protection.