Power Support film for IP4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mkjj, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Just taken delivery (from the US) of a set of Power Support Crystal screen protector films for my iP4. Front and back supplied as well as an option of Anti-Glare for the front.

Took minutes to apply and is perfect, no dust, bubbles etc.
    Pic here but difficult to tell that it's on (that's a good sign really!)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mac-collection/4903664673/

2. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

3. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I just got the Power Support anti-glare for my i4, but haven't installed it yet. I got it cus I love it on my 3G. Is the screen on the i4 as crisp as it is without the screen protector?

4. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Screen is just as crisp using the crystal film, not sure I like the Anti-Glare.

tip is make sure you clean it well before hand. Seems obvious but... I used iClean first then a microfibre cloth, then the pre-insatllation film.

5. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I like the Crystal version--looks just like the bare screen. The anti-glare option completely ruins the retina display IMO and adds a grainy texture. It makes the screen look like a lower resolution.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

I've been seriously thinking about getting the same package you got for days but couldn't find myself justifying the $20 price tag.

2 questions: Does the screen have any friction? That's my biggest thing. I need 0 friction for the FPS games that I play.

And does the Anti-glare cause the colors to decompose into their components (red green blue elements) when you look at the screen?

7. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Yanno, I hadn't thought about how the anti-glare was making mine look less crisp until just now.

I've been using anti-glare on my iPhones for 3 years now.

Hmm... maybe I'll have to switch to the crystal for front and back.

I do like the Power Support films.

Maybe not as much as I like the ones they sell at AT&T, but they're pretty good.

Down side of the crystal films is ALWAYS that they show more fingerprints... those drive me crazy.

It's my latent OCD. :D

8. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

PS films are rad -- i prefer the regular version compared to the antiglare...

9. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

Does the regular version (crystal) have a lot of friction. Please answer.

10. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Nope.

11. kanselmo macrumors member

Slightly more friction than the plain glass screen, but less than an antiglare style protector. The PS crystal film is really nice, very clear and while tricky to install, looks great afterwards when done right. Does pick up fingerprints more than the plain glass, but it's not really that bad and they wipe away just like they would on glass.

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

I received mine 2 weeks ago, but haven't applied it yet, as the one that I am using now from AT&T still looks good. I have always liked the look and feel of PS on my 3GS, so this time shouldn't be any different.

13. TobiasKM macrumors newbie

I have it on mine, and think it is rather fantastic. Takes nothing whatsoever away from the screen, and frictionwise it's only increased by a very, very tiny amount. I can't imagine how a film could be any better than this :)

14. cmurder macrumors newbie

15. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

Always went with the AG on all previous iphones, but the retina display is just too nice to obscure, so crystal from now on. :)

16. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I have PS crystal for front and back on my 4. When it's 100% clean, it's great. But it really is terrible for fingerprints, smudges, etc. After every phone call it has an ugly smudge and shows a rainbow effect.
    The good thing is that you can wipe them off easily. I use wipes for eyeglasses and a microfiber cloth with excellent results.
    IMO, it does make the screen a little stickier than just bare screen, but it hasn't been a big deal for me, it's barely noticeable.
    The antiglare film is a big no-no for me. I put it on, turned on the phone and took it off right away.

17. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I've ordered the same set and it should be here tomorrow. I already have SGP anti glares on the front and I just ordered the PS to use the back film.

I wouldn't have an iPhone without anti glares. No finger prints are worth every dime.

18. Keats-dk macrumors newbie

Where did you order these for uk delivery?

19. Keats-dk macrumors newbie

Where did you order these for uk delivery?

20. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

21. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

22. mkjj thread starter macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Us Brits are used to paying through the nose!!!!

Update: would you believe, two days with the film on and the bloody phone has just died!! Using it one minute, completely dead the next. Tried all the resets, mains power, iTunes etc but nothing at all.

Damn, anyone want some used screen protectors!! LOL!!
    :(
    Update 2: went to phone this morning, pressed power button and it came back to life!! Very bizarre.