Power Support film sets for iPhone 3G (screen protectors)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by majordude, Sep 22, 2008.

1. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

Okay. I had a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket so I thought I'd try some Power Support screen protectors available at my local Apple store.

Last week I applied the anti-glare and today I swapped it out for the crystal.

I think the anti-glare feels better (it's a little slippery compared to the crystal) and it's damn near impossible to see any fingerprints on the screen.

The crystal is SUPER CLEAR but it is "stickier" than the anti-glare when actually using it. My finger doesn't slide across the screen as easily.

But having now used both, I find the crystal protector more enjoyable. The screen is brighter and much more clear (not as diffused as the anti-glare).

I don't want to start another "should I get matte or glossy?" screen debate :rolleyes: but I think I'd have to recommend the crystal option at this point.

At $14.95 I think either one is a mandatory purchase if you own an iPhone. :)

Attached Files:

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3. sye46 macrumors member

i've used both as well. I hate the crystal because it is a fingerprint magnet and its next to impossible to watch a video on the bus or in the office without seeing a reflection of something on my screen.

The Anti-Glare is (IMO) by far WAY better than the crystal. It feels better and looks better.

4. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I hate screen protectors. I don't think they are even necessary given the quality of the iPhone screen.

5. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Well, glass is obviously better than plastic but I have managed to scratch every last piece of electronic screen I've ever touched (iPod Nano, iPod video, Palm Pilot, Sony Vaio, Toshiba smartphone...). For $15, why wouldn't you put a condom over the $299 screen? :confused:

6. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I don't have a great answer besides, just take care of it and hope for the best. I bought the iPhone for a specific experience and I don't want to sacrifice it.

7. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

I love the anti-glare, sure the screen isn't as great but I love the fact that I can't see fingerprints.

8. majordude thread starter macrumors 68020

majordude

Plus it feels better, doesn't it?