Power Support Film

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Mirthaar, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Mirthaar macrumors newbie

What is the difference between the different Power Support Films offered on the website?

For example: One is HD Anti-Glare.. another is just Anti-Glare.

They are all the same price and the description is exactly the same on each respective page.

2. maximus96 macrumors 6502a

maximus96

HD antiglare for the retina displays, plain antiglare for older devices

3. Mirthaar thread starter macrumors newbie

4. JLaGreca macrumors newbie

I was actually just going to post something about the HD anti-glare but you beat me to it!

I picked up this film set today at my local Apple store. I intended to pick up the crystal one since I've been reading that it's the best screen to get if your looking for something that doesn't feel like it's there. But all they had was the HD anti-glare, so whatever. It says on the front that its "compatible with retina display" so I figured that it's as fine as the other.

When I got home I was reading the back. At the very bottom the package states:

"Usage of this film on your device's screen will reduce image clarity and touch sensitivity."

?!?!?!

I'm not too picky and will still try it, but I thought others (especially on the macrumors forums) may want to know this little detail before buying.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

By reduce image clarity, they are referencing the fact that it has a slight visible "fogginess" to it from the antiglare coating. As far as reduces touch sensitivity, I think they're just covering their backs

6. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

Well, given all IP4 or IP4S are retina, I would expect all the anti-glare to preserve the quality of the display regardless of whether they call it HD or not.

7. diesel macrumors 6502a

I recently went from using the power support crystal to the anti-glare and it was a move that I don't regret for a second. The crystal is nice, but when playing games on the iphone, finger prints/grease buildup or whatever you call it would begin to build up on certain parts of the screen until you begin to lose touch sensitivity on the screen, and would be forced to contstantly wipe the screens. Most prevelant on games where you are constantly touching the same area (i.e. fps or rpgs with directional control for example).
    The crystal would also get oily from holding it to the face after a call. I finally got sick of it and decided to give the anti-glare a whirl and the fingerprint/grime build ups stopped. Is it as crystal clear as the crystal version? No, but does the retina screen still scream "awesome"? Yes........the anti-glare does not detract that much in my opinion and the benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.

8. JLaGreca macrumors newbie

That is very awesome to hear Diesel, thanks! I already have an Invisible Shield to return, I would feel like an ass returning the HD Glare film as well!
    Out of curiosity, what type of case (if any) do you use with it? Im going Otterbox Commuter and hoping for the best (first iPhone).

9. jdaniel macrumors 65816

simple one sentence: HD Anti Glare for my iphone4, previously using anti glare.. LOVE it wont use anything else.

10. Hoyasaxa macrumors member

One advantage the HD film certainly has is I believe they sell it in the Apple brick and mortar stores and they don't sell crystal. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Which means you have to get crystal from Power Support, and Power Support shipping is a full-fledged ripoff, IMO.

11. luigi408 macrumors 6502

So will their screen protector fit the iPhone 4s though? I want the package that protects the back and front. I will add LuckyLabs to the band or Apple Bumper.

12. DENTNU macrumors member

Hey everyone I don't mean to high jack the thread but I would like to know if the power support screen protectors are the best in the market ? As I would like to buy one for my new iPhone 4S.

Thanks

13. dashtekahe macrumors member

Twice I made the same mistake in buying this HD Anti-Glare film set. THIS IS NOT RETINA DISPLAY COMPATIBLE. They say it is but seriously it ruins it. Your retina display will look like a 3Gs screen. However, the crystal film set from Power support is retina display compatible.

14. solo118 macrumors 65816

My mother has the HD anti-glare and the first second i saw it I knew something was off about it. I also didnt like the scotch tape feel and the fact that it actually gets scratched up quite easily.

I have the PS Crystal sitting in my house for a couple of days and I just have not had the time to install it. I will hopefully do it tonight and let you all know how it turns out.