Power Support has iPad 2 protectors on their website

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by class77, Mar 14, 2011.

1. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

It's marked "Coming soon" and you can sign up to be notified when they are ready for sale.

2. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

3. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

4. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

5. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

Man is it me or are their products getting increasingly pricey? They tacked on an extra $5 for the addition of the camera hole?

I LOVE PowerSupport products and swear by them but for $30 I'll just leave my iPad screen naked. This coming from a guy who had the crystal film on his iPad and films on each of the four iPhone models.

6. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

The price for the Anti-Glare HD is exactly the same for the iPad and the iPad 2. They are both $34.95. The Crystal is the only one that is $5 more...You could always get one for the old screen and use a hole punch:)

7. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

True, the Anti-Glare one is the same price which makes you wonder why there is a price difference in the crystal one? :confused:

8. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

Maybe the cost of the new crystal screens increased because of one of it's components, I don't know. I wouldn't let $5 deter me from keeping my $600 iPad2 scratchless, but that's just me:)...I'm getting the anti-glare one anyway, because I love it on my last iPad.

Not pimping for the company, just trying to help my fellow posters

9. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

10. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Well I mean, they had to pay for this:
    [​IMG]

:rolleyes:

Of course I'm kidding. Agreed, these things are so expensive - but you know what I'm going to go order one. It is worth it to protect my device.

11. sotie macrumors 6502

Another plus for Power Support...

When I installed the anti-glare on my iPad 1 last year I was able to get it on perfectly on the first try without any bubbles or imperfections. It looked like it was professionally installed. I ordered the iPad 1 crystal film last night and will punch a small hole for the front camera when I receive it. I'll probably just use an appropriately sized drill bit and place the film on a block of wood while giving the drill bit a swift knock with a mallet.

12. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

Power Support is way easier to install than SGP, IMHO

13. Ljwinter macrumors member

Anyone know if the original ipad screen protectors from PS will fit the new iPad? I don't care about the camera hole at all and how much worse could the screen protector actually make it? I want the crystal clear screen protector so it should be fine quality wise. It should fit though, right? The screen size hasn't changed so I don't see when not.

14. sotie macrumors 6502

My Power Support Crystal film should arrive tomorrow so I'll report back on the fit of the iPad 2 as soon as I install it.

15. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

I could've sworn the PS crystal was only 20 bucks when it came out.

16. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Your link goes to iPad1 products, not iPad2

17. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

They are the same installation process. Although both SGP and Power Support are both easier than any wet-install products... IMO :)

18. Ljwinter macrumors member

Cool please let me (and anyone else wondering) know how it fits. If all is good I'll order it tomorrow

19. NYY FaN macrumors 6502

NYY FaN

isn't the bezel on the ipad 2 smaller than the bezel on the original? hence, making the old protectors too big for them

20. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

That was the only link they had when I posted, on the day I posted there's was email list contact form there if you wanted them to emd you when the iPad 2 models are released. Here is the link for their iPad 2 page:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/ipad-2/crystal-film.html

21. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

i talked to the marketing manager today and he said that they will have them in full production mid april at latest. in my personal opinion they are the best screen protectors you can get.

22. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I have the PS crystal film on my iPad 1, and it was great! I definitely think their shield is great quality, but I must say they are too slow on releasing new products.

23. slazareth macrumors regular

The iPad 2 is actually a little larger. I tried to put a power support iPad1 film on my iPad 2 last night and it didn't fit (a little too small in the longer dimension).

Also if you do decide to pierce an iPad1 protector, instead of the whole punch I would recommend looking at the tools used to poke holes in leather. Its a circle still but hollow in the middle and you tap it with a hammer instead of squeeze hole punch style. So you could lay it over the spot for the camera and then tap it really hard with a hammer for a nicely cut hole (in theory).

24. sotie macrumors 6502

I installed the Power Support iPad 1 Crystal film on my iPad 2 today and the fit is pretty good. As someone else stated it comes up a tad short on the top and bottom. Because I want everything perfect I'll probably purchase their iPad 2 version when it becomes available. For now I'm not going to obsess about damaging the screen.

Here is a picture to illustrate how it fits.

[​IMG]

25. class77 thread starter macrumors 6502a

class77

Yes, it's the same installation process, but I've installed SGP on my phone and PS on my iPad....The PS was much easier to install even though the iPad is much bigger. It may have something to do with the thickness of the PS. I ruined serveral SGP films trying to put them on, but never had that problem with PS