Power Support HD anti-glare = Garbage

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by exe163, Aug 21, 2010.

1. exe163 macrumors regular

[​IMG]

I happens to have a chance to compare two protector screens side by side. Left: some $20 samuri brand protector bought off Amazon. Right: HD anti-glare film.

Probably not as apparent in the picture than in real life, the image on iphone with power support seems washed out. Also, with the power support film, there are many tiny color distortion apparent all over the screen, making the image not as sharp as the original. Not to mention the "Anti-glare feature" does nothing more than making the glaring light source even destructive by blurring out more of the screen.

In summary, besides the easy installation, there's nothing good I can say about this product. I am very disappointed and will probably dump it and go commando afterward.

2. exe163 thread starter macrumors regular

example of the anti-glare

[​IMG]

Only thing it does well is that it doesn't attract finger print. It also makes fingers easier to glide across the screen than without a protector, a con to me but you might judge other wise.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Apparently you had no idea what antiglare films are like nor were you really looking for one. There's nothing wrong with the PS film-- it's just what those kinds of films are like. That said, it's why I don't like antiglare films either. Wouldn't want to dim and blur the display just for less fingerprints. Not worth it, especially on the new display.

4. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

phone on the right looks better than the phone on the left...just sayin

5. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Is it me or is the left one looking kinda weird as if there are "lines" running down the screen as a result of the protector?

Look at the WEATHER icon. They look different.

6. Smacky macrumors 6502

That is what anti glare is....Sacrifice some clarity to soften reflections and minimize fingerprints

BTW the protector on the left is a piece of junk

7. TobiasKM macrumors newbie

That's ignorance on your part. Antiglare film is never a good thing.

I use the crystal Power Support film, and it's fantastic. Besides a tiny, neglible amount of extra friction, and slightly more prone to getting covered in fingerprints.. It's basically invisible. Compared to others I've seen, where it's apparent to see or feel that they're there, this is an awesome product.

And that others film you've got on looks ****. What the hell is it?

*Edit*

Ah, now I know.. You don't actually have two iPhones, the one on the left is cardboard. Seriously?

Different time, and for some reason you don't have any coverage on the real phone.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It's your fault that you didn't research.

I happen to like the anti glares because I don't get any finger prints. Sure the screen clarity is reduced just a bit but the convenience of not having to wipe off finger prints like on the crystal films is worth it to me.

I have anti glares on all of my iPhones here and always will.

Agreed. The one on the left has all those line going through the graphics where the anti glare on the right doesn't.

9. TobiasKM macrumors newbie

I seriously don't think the one on the left is a real phone. It looks like cardboard, and the time doesn't even match up.

10. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The one on the left is real, it's just those cheap films found in this thread.

I ordered a set from that thread and took it off a few days later because of that orange peel effect that you see in the picture that the OP has posted in this thread.

11. afederis macrumors newbie

The phone on the left looks like its rubbery and has the orange peel effect like all those Zagg IS's. Also look at the cutout for the home button on the phone on the left, look how big it is. That just proves how high quality PS films are.

Crystal>AntiGlare

12. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Antiglare for the win!

Sorry for the bad photo, it was taken on my original iPhone.

iPhone 4 on the left, bumper, 32GB iPhone 3GS middle, iSkin solo, 8GB iPhone 3GS right, iSkin Revo 2.

Attached Files:

13. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Post title = garbage.

That one on the left looks like crap.

14. christianinri macrumors member

I'd rather have the antiglare one than the one to the left. Just saying.

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

16. chanerz macrumors 6502a

you actually didn't research haha. ps is the bomb!

17. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

The only thing I do not like about the crystal is that I don't get the oleophobic coating. If PS makes one with that, crystal I go!