Power Support HD Anti-Glare mini review.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AuroraProject, Feb 16, 2011.

1. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I never thought I'd take the time to write something about a piece of plastic, but I received something today that is worth sharing. That would be the Power Support HD Anti-Glare screen protector. I had a Wrapsol Ultra on the phone, but really wasn't liking it much, so after much thought I decided to give Power Support a try. I tried to find them locally, but wasn't able to. I placed an order at the Power Support website on Friday, and they arrived today.
    I ordered the anti-glare front and crystal rear set. Packaging is minimal, you get the screen protectors, a vinyl dust removal sticker, and an instruction card.
    Installation was very easy, in fact this was the easiest screen protector I've installed so far. I had read that the backing film was in 3 pieces to ease installation, but this was not the case with my set. I did the back first, lined up the camera cutout and laid it down, but I was slightly off. I had to lift it and move it slightly, this resulted in 2 pieces of dust under it. I can't find my scotch tape right now, but that can be fixed with no problem later. The front went on with no dust.
    The quality is incredible! The fit is flawless, they are cut to fit the exact size of the glass. This was a gripe of mine with the Wrapsol, the pieces were cut too small, this is not the case with Power Support. The HD anti-glare does cut clarity a bit, and there is noticeable grain seen when viewing a white screen on the phone. For me, that is offset by how it feels, your finger just glides across it. Fingerprints disappear, but I'm sure it'll need a wipe down every now and then. The rear sp is a fingerprint magnet, I wish Power Support offered a matte rear sp as an option, I know I'd be all over it.
    So I'm done playing with cases and body skins for awhile. (Although I am eyeing the E13ctron S4) The Power Support screen protectors and a bumper are all I want right now.

Highly recommended, if you are considering different models of screen protectors just get these and be done with it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your review.

Indeed. Power Support currently offers the best screen protector.

3. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

What kind of bumper is that????????????????????????????

4. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

It's the Griffin Reveal Frame. I like the minimal look, buttons suck but whatever.

5. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

Nice review, I have the Reveal Frame in Blue, and I love this combo too. Although right now I'm using the Front and Back Shields that came with my Gasket Case

6. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

The bumper looks exactly like the one from swbox

7. shakeman0 macrumors 6502a

shakeman0

Thanks for the review. Nice job with the install.

8. vong macrumors 6502a

vong

nice review, glad to see your screen protectors' home button is not as big as mine >_>. my left side of the home button is a bit wide. the cut was not precise but its no biggie

9. danielveeee macrumors regular

I just put a power support ag on mine last week.
    I love the feel of it and no more finger prints.
    I think if the feel/ anti glare is worth it to you, this screen protector has the smallest trade off with loss of retina

10. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Just installed my AG front/crystal back tonight too. Great films. I have tried films from SGP, incipio, and PS, and the only ones that ever laid down flat and dust free are the PS. And I agree, the finger just glides across the AG.

I was never a believer in Matte screens before, but seeing this on a co-worker's iphone sold me. I might even have to shell out another $25 for a new iPad screen now...