Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

S.Kay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Does anyone know when the power support screen protectors for the iPhone 4, will be sold in UK Apple Stores? Do you think it's possible if I buy some PS on eBay and take it to the Apple Store, they will install it for me? I will always mess it up :p

TheShinyMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2009
They stopped selling them. The protectors made people think that the screen was easily scratched. Which I believe it is but it doesn't bother

S.Kay

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Makes sense I guess, but would I still be able to request an install if I gave them the screen protector and my phone?

They were able to install it for my 3G perfectly so I don't see why not? :confused:

Statusnone88

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2010
Makes sense I guess, but would I still be able to request an install if I gave them the screen protector and my phone?

They were able to install it for my 3G perfectly so I don't see why not? :confused:

I'm sure if you were super nice to someone and they had 5 minutes to spare that you could get them to hook you up.

Worst case scenario, head to Best Buy and find someone to install it for you.

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009

You probably cannot unless you really push for them to do so. This is the reason Apple stores stopped selling them.

-d

iMetalG5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2005
its not that difficult to install these things. just need patience. i highly doubt they will do it for you. i recall the other week while in the store some old man was asking about getting a screen protector he bought at Worst Buy put on for him. They apologized and said they can not do that. ?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Does anyone know when the power support screen protectors for the iPhone 4, will be sold in UK Apple Stores? Do you think it's possible if I buy some PS on eBay and take it to the Apple Store, they will install it for me? I will always mess it up :p

Nobody here can tell you. They are still selling the protectors for the 3GS and 3G phones in the Apple stores and online. I bought a pack of anti glares at my local Apple store for a 3GS phone today.

nutritious

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2008
I wish apple did sell them in the stores. I don't know why they're paranoid about people thinking there's an issue.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
They stopped selling them. The protectors made people think that the screen was easily scratched. Which I believe it is but it doesn't bother

Apple has a funny policy. I walked into the Fifth Ave store on Thursday and they are selling PS 3G/3GS protectors.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
Apple has a funny policy. I walked into the Fifth Ave store on Thursday and they are selling PS 3G/3GS protectors.

I saw this too a couple weeks back while walking around their 5th Ave store. Made me wonder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.