Power Support in Apple Stores

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by S.Kay, Aug 22, 2010.

1. S.Kay macrumors member

S.Kay

Does anyone know when the power support screen protectors for the iPhone 4, will be sold in UK Apple Stores? Do you think it's possible if I buy some PS on eBay and take it to the Apple Store, they will install it for me? I will always mess it up :p

2. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

They stopped selling them. The protectors made people think that the screen was easily scratched. Which I believe it is but it doesn't bother

3. S.Kay thread starter macrumors member

S.Kay

Makes sense I guess, but would I still be able to request an install if I gave them the screen protector and my phone?

They were able to install it for my 3G perfectly so I don't see why not? :confused:

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I'm sure if you were super nice to someone and they had 5 minutes to spare that you could get them to hook you up.

Worst case scenario, head to Best Buy and find someone to install it for you.

5. Tharian macrumors regular

You probably cannot unless you really push for them to do so. This is the reason Apple stores stopped selling them.

-d

6. S.Kay thread starter macrumors member

S.Kay

7. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

its not that difficult to install these things. just need patience. i highly doubt they will do it for you. i recall the other week while in the store some old man was asking about getting a screen protector he bought at Worst Buy put on for him. They apologized and said they can not do that. ?

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Nobody here can tell you. They are still selling the protectors for the 3GS and 3G phones in the Apple stores and online. I bought a pack of anti glares at my local Apple store for a 3GS phone today.

9. nutritious macrumors 6502

I wish apple did sell them in the stores. I don't know why they're paranoid about people thinking there's an issue.

10. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Apple has a funny policy. I walked into the Fifth Ave store on Thursday and they are selling PS 3G/3GS protectors.

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I saw this too a couple weeks back while walking around their 5th Ave store. Made me wonder

12. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

they still sell them in the Apple stores for the 3G/3GS though.

13. carbonfly macrumors regular

I've been told that's just until they make it through the stock of leftover screen protectors. Dunno if it's true though.