Power Support / Macbook Air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jpiszcz, Jul 8, 2012.

1. jpiszcz macrumors regular

There do not seem to be many posts here regarding the Air 13" accessories.
    The iCarbons look pretty cool but I am mostly familiar with Power Support.
    Was curious if anyone used any of the products:

1. Anti-glare film
    2. MacBook Air Air Jacket
    3. Trackpad Film Set
    4. Protection Pack

http://www.powersupportusa.com/accessories/macbook-air-13.html

Useful or overkill?

2. Barna Biro macrumors 6502a

Barna Biro

Overkill... just my 2 cents.
    Only thing I recommend is the Moshi PalmGuard.

3. Greg M macrumors 6502

I used the anti-glare on my MBA and it worked wonderfully.

4. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Way overkill.

5. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

I got a photodon screen protector... and mostly went with them because power support was sold out at the time.

6. asting macrumors 6502

These are protective skins, right? I bought a zag, and love it. Seems to protect from scratches very well.

7. jm5309 macrumors regular

I have the anti-glare film and it's great, but the air jacket was way too slippery for me so I returned it. It also attracted pet hair like crazy. I ordered a Speck case next because I really wanted that pale pink color, but one of the clips was warped right out of the box and wouldn't even clip on, so back it went. I've finally settled on the black Moshi iGlaze, and even though it catches slightly in the back when opening the computer, I really like it. It's nice and grippy, and I like the look of the apple glowing through the case.

As far as overkill, well maybe, but if it makes you more comfortable handling your computer, then I say go for it. I like protection from scratches, a change in color, and the aluminum is also really cold on bare skin. Ideally I'd like just a black skin from Sticker boy, which is what I have on my iPad, but I don't want the hassle of getting it on perfectly so I went with a case instead.

8. Nerio27 macrumors member

When I bought my MBP in 2009, I bought some of those silicon pads that cover the areas to the left and right of the trackpad. I got it because on all my previous computers, those areas became discolored over time of extensive use, and I heard that it happened with the MBPs too. They're also quite comfortable.

Similar to this:
    [​IMG]

Has anyone noticed the same thing happening with the airs now?

9. yensteel, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012

yensteel macrumors regular

I have the Power Support Air jacket and it's pretty good, no cracks or weaknesses. However, I noticed that the left USB port is a little bit covered at the edge, and had to use a filer to make more room. I'm not sure if it's because it's designed for 2011 Macbook Airs, and the 2012 being slightly different.

I also noticed that it lifts the Moshi Palmguard a little bit for the palmrest's edges.

Still, the case is pretty unique in that the entire edges acts as the clasp, like the the plastic food containers and it fits perfectly like a skin.

I'm quite happy with the product overall but I think it's better to wait for a revision, and whether you are willing to trim the Moshi Trackguard if you have one.

10. kyjaotkb macrumors 6502a

Airs are made of aluminium (unibody extruded block) whereas the computer in your photo is a plastic Macbook. Aluminium does not lose its grey tint over time. Anyway I prefer to wash my hands than cover my computer with a protective film.

Cheers,