Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MOTU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Does anyone have any experience using the Power Support docking stand?

Link:
http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/macbook_dockingstand.php

I am thinking about picking it up but I can't seem to find any worthwhile reviews. I'm a bit worried about heat dissipation. With the fan slots located on the bottom as shown I would think it wouldn't allow for proper ventilation. Mounting it as shown would make sense for me since the apple logo would be positioned properly and I would be able to hide the cabling behind my monitor.

Thoughts?

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
Well it doesn't really qualify for a docking station as all it does is turn your laptop to a 90 degree angle.

I think you are right about heat dissipation. The macbook needs it.

Looks like a stupid and useless gimmick IMO. Better buy an elevated stand or something and then to hell with the apple logo upside down :)

MOTU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Ya, I don't care about the 'docking' part. I just want the Macbook out of the way. It's takes up a lot of desk space in clamshell mode. I've thought about picking up the icurve as well, I just really like the looks of this plus it will let me hide some cabling for a cleaner look.

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
I have an Elevator and it works wonderfully. I think I paid like $23 at CompUSA.

At first, I couldn't figure out what that thing you posted was for. Then oh ya clamshell. Well... I think you'd be asking for trouble. Like maybe ClamBake instead. :D

Oh ya....the Elevator took over where the iCurve failed from design flaws.

MOTU

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
I'm not concerned about the 40 bucks, a hell of a lot better than the 'floater' stand from Balmuda ($305!). I'm really just concerened about the heat. My Macbook gets hot enough in clamshell mode. Macworld did a quick review, but the reviewer talked more about it's aesthetics than functionality and performance while 'docked'.

Link to Macworld review:

http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mobile/2007/09/grandstands/index.php

Creibold

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
Spiffy site

I was looking around on the Power Support site and noticed the Tilt Tray. That looks pretty spiffy! Has anyone had any experience with it, or know anyone who has?? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.