Power Support original iPhone/3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iSkier, Jan 22, 2009.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

I recently ordered the Power Support anti glare film set for iPhone 3G off of Amazon, and I just received it last night. I opened it up, and it said it was for the original iPhone. It had a picture of the original iPhone and everything. I don't have my iPhone yet, so will this work on the 3G?

Thanks

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

The screens are the same size so it should work fine.

3. redcrow240 macrumors member

hold on a sec. I went to the apple store looking for an anti glare and when I asked them they said they were different and that it HAD to say 3g on it. They didnt have any in stock so I had to order it thru apple.com. Good news is that I got 3 instead of 2 for some reason lol.

I suggest you give an apple store a call and just ask them over the phone or something, or wait for other members to chime in, before opening the package.

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Actually you may be right. Viewable size they are the same, but the border is a little wider on the 3G. You would probably be fine, but there may be a slight slight gap around the screen that wouldn't be covered, but hardly worth worrying about.

5. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

The glass is different sized. There will be a gap around the edge of uncovered glass, albiet small. If you want the cut to be perfect, don't use the ones made for the original iphone on the iphone 3G.

6. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I did that in preparation for the first day of release of the iPhone, I placed it on and it will look smaller, I meant it fits but it will not cover the entire glass of the iPhone 3G. So after a while I just ordered one for iPhone 3G - and now ordered an SGP to see what really can this screen protector do.

7. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Would there be any way you could post a picture of the original iPhone power support on the iPhone 3G? That would be amazing. Will I see the tiny bit of glass on the iPhone if I have the Incase Slider do you think? That's the case I'm getting.

Thank you all so much, I appreciate it, I think I'm not going to return it.

8. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

there's no reason not to return it. it was amazon's mistake, and you should get what you ordered and paid for.

9. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Well I already opened up the package and it was sold through a different seller. I'll probably just keep it. I think that maybe the incase slider will cover up the extra little piece of glass hopefully, can anyone confirm this?

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i'd still try to contact the seller and inform him that he delivered a product not as described, even if you've opened the package.

11. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I did that and I am now sending it back. Thank you.

12. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

They told me that they were the same product (basically). That the screen size is the same. Should I send it back? I'm getting my iphone a week from Wednesday, and I want to have everything in order. My incase slider is on it's way. What do you guys think?

13. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

If you read my post above, the size of both screens are totally different from each other. The screen protector for the iPhone original it is small, very noticeable once you try to place it on an iPhone 3G, I suggest you return it - that's what I did on mine.