Power Support Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Texxy, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Texxy macrumors 6502

Texxy

2. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Thanks , pre ordered the black one for my iphone . Which one did you end up getting ?

3. mel823 macrumors 6502

mel823

Going to wait and see if they come out with the Hybrid crystal film set, like they had for the iPhone 5/5s.

4. puma1552 macrumors 603

I've never used anyone but them. What I don't get though is 2-3 days ago it said they weren't going to make any films until they had the phones in hand so they could get it right, but then yesterday I learn they actually already had their antiglare film on the market. I picked it up and just put it on and just like the rest of the ones out there right now, it's junk in terms of fitment.

I sure hope they are planning on making the crystal ones correct, and that these crappy anti glare ones are just a "for now" solution. Doesn't seem that way at $17 though.

5. larry00 macrumors newbie

I have pre-ordered the Crystal also. I would love to know more about the strange cut-out at the top and whether they will fix that with the ones they ship out in October.

6. sleepyking macrumors 6502

I was also surprised at this. But, I noticed that the cut between the AG in the Apple Stores and that of the Crystal shown on PS website is a tad different. The top portion had more of a curved "W" and the cutout for the home button looks a tad slimmer; hoping it fits precisely as their prior ones.

I'm sure it still won't cover the curves but I hope they at least fix the home button cutout cause it's way too wide

7. puma1552 macrumors 603

I can deal with the exposed curves on the glass as long as they make the circle around the home button exact like usual…I can even deal with the bottom cutout, as long as 70-80% of the way around the home button is perfectly cut…that would also serve as a template for installation to make sure you get it installed exactly right too.

8. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I bought a Power Support AG protector when I collected my iPhone 6 today from Apple Glasgow. Happy with it so far and the screen clarity has not suffered at all. I would prefer the home button cutout to be a bit tighter to the button but it's not a major issue for me.

9. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Any pictures? :D

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

Same here but from the Apple Store in Brent Cross here in London today. As a side note I also went in to buy and add AppleCare Plus for my iPhone and the sales person just checked the serial number and verified the phone was working and in good condition. There was no formal inspection or test done in it. It is now covered by AppleCare Plus for the next two years up to September 19th 2016. All in all a successful trip.

The screen protector isn't perfect with a small exposed gap around the edges as others here have mentioned and it's not flush around the home button. It'll have to do for now as it seems like all the screen protectors on the market right now are the same. The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear case I got also fits well. I'll probably get a better case though at some point. It will also do for now.

11. nin7474 macrumors 6502

Use code IPHONEDO for 10% off on your pre orders.

12. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Some pics as requested.

Attached Files:

13. Jazper macrumors 6502a

Doesn't look bad at all - thanks for the pictures really helpful. I really need a screen protector not using one bothers me. :p

14. yezza macrumors regular

I've pre-ordered the black Air Jacket for the 6 Plus.

Been stoked with the Air Jacket on my 5 for the best part of two years.

15. Texxy thread starter macrumors 6502

Texxy

For me, I think with a case the AG protector does not show as strange as some people make it out to be. Naked, the protector seems out of place, especially on BLACK devices. The white Gold 6+ I have barely shows paired with a case :)

16. trife macrumors 6502

trife

So do the Air Jackets still come with the cleaning cloth and Crystal/Anti-Glare protector combo? It doesn't look like it. That was the best part of buying from them--you got an awesome, quality case AND top notch screen protectors.

Looks like they're going for the $$ this time around (not that I blame them).