Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Going to wait and see if they come out with the Hybrid crystal film set, like they had for the iPhone 5/5s.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I've never used anyone but them. What I don't get though is 2-3 days ago it said they weren't going to make any films until they had the phones in hand so they could get it right, but then yesterday I learn they actually already had their antiglare film on the market. I picked it up and just put it on and just like the rest of the ones out there right now, it's junk in terms of fitment.

I sure hope they are planning on making the crystal ones correct, and that these crappy anti glare ones are just a "for now" solution. Doesn't seem that way at $17 though.

larry00

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I have pre-ordered the Crystal also. I would love to know more about the strange cut-out at the top and whether they will fix that with the ones they ship out in October.

sleepyking

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
I've never used anyone but them. What I don't get though is 2-3 days ago it said they weren't going to make any films until they had the phones in hand so they could get it right, but then yesterday I learn they actually already had their antiglare film on the market. I picked it up and just put it on and just like the rest of the ones out there right now, it's junk in terms of fitment.

I sure hope they are planning on making the crystal ones correct, and that these crappy anti glare ones are just a "for now" solution. Doesn't seem that way at $17 though.

I was also surprised at this. But, I noticed that the cut between the AG in the Apple Stores and that of the Crystal shown on PS website is a tad different. The top portion had more of a curved "W" and the cutout for the home button looks a tad slimmer; hoping it fits precisely as their prior ones.

I'm sure it still won't cover the curves but I hope they at least fix the home button cutout cause it's way too wide

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I was also surprised at this. But, I noticed that the cut between the AG in the Apple Stores and that of the Crystal shown on PS website is a tad different. The top portion had more of a curved "W" and the cutout for the home button looks a tad slimmer; hoping it fits precisely as their prior ones.

I'm sure it still won't cover the curves but I hope they at least fix the home button cutout cause it's way too wide

I can deal with the exposed curves on the glass as long as they make the circle around the home button exact like usual…I can even deal with the bottom cutout, as long as 70-80% of the way around the home button is perfectly cut…that would also serve as a template for installation to make sure you get it installed exactly right too.

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
I bought a Power Support AG protector when I collected my iPhone 6 today from Apple Glasgow. Happy with it so far and the screen clarity has not suffered at all. I would prefer the home button cutout to be a bit tighter to the button but it's not a major issue for me.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I bought a Power Support AG protector when I collected my iPhone 6 today from Apple Glasgow. Happy with it so far and the screen clarity has not suffered at all. I would prefer the home button cutout to be a bit tighter to the button but it's not a major issue for me.

Any pictures? :D

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.

Same here but from the Apple Store in Brent Cross here in London today. As a side note I also went in to buy and add AppleCare Plus for my iPhone and the sales person just checked the serial number and verified the phone was working and in good condition. There was no formal inspection or test done in it. It is now covered by AppleCare Plus for the next two years up to September 19th 2016. All in all a successful trip.

The screen protector isn't perfect with a small exposed gap around the edges as others here have mentioned and it's not flush around the home button. It'll have to do for now as it seems like all the screen protectors on the market right now are the same. The Spigen Ultra Hybrid Clear case I got also fits well. I'll probably get a better case though at some point. It will also do for now.

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK

Attachments

• DSC01030.jpg
    DSC01030.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01031.jpg
    DSC01031.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC01035.jpg
    DSC01035.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC01039.jpg
    DSC01039.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 109

yezza

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2008
I've pre-ordered the black Air Jacket for the 6 Plus.

Been stoked with the Air Jacket on my 5 for the best part of two years.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
For me, I think with a case the AG protector does not show as strange as some people make it out to be. Naked, the protector seems out of place, especially on BLACK devices. The white Gold 6+ I have barely shows paired with a case :)

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
So do the Air Jackets still come with the cleaning cloth and Crystal/Anti-Glare protector combo? It doesn't look like it. That was the best part of buying from them--you got an awesome, quality case AND top notch screen protectors.

Looks like they're going for the $$ this time around (not that I blame them).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.