Power Support Privacy Film for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rockyroad55, Aug 29, 2010.

1. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Anyone planning on getting this? I had one for my 3GS and it did winders for those people in class that liked to peer over my phone. They were so confused thinking I was tapping away at a blank screen.

I was gonna order it but it is on Backorder.

2. lonnielove macrumors regular

I ordered friday now im just waiting to see how long it will take to here(78745). I loved the one for the 3gs because of the 4way privacy. im planning on getting another for my my Tmobile iphone4.

3. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Please come back here when you get it and let me know on how it affects the display qualities of the iP4!

4. aluren macrumors 65816

I wonder if this is matte-type like the antiglare or clear like the crystal screen... I've seen privacy films before that is matted and would be pretty impressed if this PS is clear.

5. rockyroad55 thread starter macrumors 601

rockyroad55

They're usually matte. I don't think you can make a clear feeling one just because of the material.

6. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I have always had it on my blackberry which was 2 way only, but since the screen is always portrait, it didn't really mattered much. I then bought one for the HTC Evo and it was horrible. It was basically unusable outside during day time and everything was completely washed out.

I was puzzled as to why it worked so well on the blackberry and then it hit me. On the blackberry, I was doing email and text only, no web browsing or photos or media of any kind at all, so black text on white was seen easily. But on the Evo, a media heavy phone, EVERYTHING was washed out. It got so bad that I paid $20 for the privacy film and then I just ordered a regular and threw the privacy one out. What a waste.

I would NOT suggest you buy a privacy film for the ip4 unless you NEED it for security reasons as opposed to just some people leering over every now and then. The screen quality of the display will be HEAVILY affected. Mine was just a 2 way privacy film, I can't even imagine what a 4 way would do. Everything you do will have to be a dead centered angle.

7. watergun macrumors regular

Tried it before and had to take it off. I think PS' privacy film is too thick. It affected my iPhone's proximity sensor.

8. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Yes, forgot to mention that con as well. Didn't affect non touch screen phones but esp on the iphone, it will affect the touch sensitivity.

9. lonnielove macrumors regular

I will post pictures and maybe do a youtube video of it??

10. lonnielove macrumors regular

Well still have not recieved my screen protector and they email me and told me it shipped but i sent another email (a nice one) and they told me they made a mistake that they wont ship until Sept 8, 9 BEST BELIVE I WAS PISSED) thats why im the kind of person that like to buy stuff that i can walk out the store with. Starting to think its the same people that run the element cases.oh well thank god im a very patient person, i guess its all the weed i used to smoke that got me in that mind set??

11. MacProPIMP, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012

MacProPIMP macrumors member

Privacy Film Video

:d

12. lonnielove macrumors regular

Ok just got this privacy screen protector in and it is awsome it even comes with a back screen protector and its well worth the money but you gotta have a lot a patience waiting for this thing to come in the mail. IM SIMPLY LOVING THIS THING, I gonna order another one for my back up iphone4 thats still in the box unopened my wife dosent know i have to so i gotta keep the second screen a secret.