Power support protector...questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by himynameiscody, Dec 29, 2011.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Does it change the feel much? I'm thinking of getting it for the front and back. The glass is smooth right now and I didn't know if the protector would effect the scrolling. Also will it darken my screen

Finally is there a different protector you reccomend for any reason. Only reason I plan on getting one is to keep the condition good for resale value

2. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Also my bumper I've had on since day one has kept it in perfect condition because the Glass never touches the surface. Still think I should get one?

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Crystal does not. Don't overlook the countless existing threads as this is mentioned in at least some of them.

There's no "should" to it. It's your call/preference. If you want added security then take added measures. Where you are willing to draw the line is your call.

4. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Couldn't have said it better. It's all totally personal preference.

To answer your questions (based on MY opinion):
    No, the crystal one doesn't change the tactile performance of the screen. If anything it's neglible but the degree of it would depend on the person.

The AG has a matted feel. To me it doesn't retain as much oil. Scrolling is unaffected to me.

AG does darken the screen by a little bit. Crystal does not.

Recs: SGP is comparable. I've seen feedback that the "generic" or "no name" ones are just as good at a fraction of the cost.

5. Smoothie macrumors 6502

I have the Power Support Crystal and any change in feel is minimal. After using it, you won't notice any difference. The clarity is excellent. It doesn't have the oleophobic properties of the glass, so it probably needs more periodic wipes to remove smears.

The protector has done its job in my case. Over time, some grit got lodged between my case and the border of the front glass. The Power Support protector got scuffed. I don't know if the glass would have suffered the same without the protector, but it's a lot cheaper to replace the protector. The scuff marks are hidden underneath the case, so it's no big deal. I've now learned to remove my case periodically to clean everything. Grit happens. :)

6. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

What case are you using?

7. Smoothie macrumors 6502

Case-Mate Tough Case. I like the case, but the bottom portion of the soft sleeve needs to be redesigned. It's too loose. I suppose Case-Mate wanted to insure unobstructed access to the connector, which lets the silicon that borders the bottom move all over the place. They should redesign it with two added pieces to bridge the front and back of the silicon sleeve just to the inside of the mic and speaker openings. That would reduce the movement of the problem area. Other than this issue, I like the case.

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

That's a nice case. Most of the similarly designed silicon/hard cases also have the same problem.