Power Support Retailers?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by BulletToothTony, Jul 7, 2010.

1. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

i searched, googled.. twitted.. and no luck.. i went to the apple store and all they carry is the Power Support ANTI-GLARE.. i want the CRYSTAL clear.. yes i am talking about the 3G/3GS model.. because i'm only interested in the front which will fit the the iPhone 4 front even without the camera hole I'm ok with that because that film is very very clear. Plus i hardly use the camera.

Does anyone know a retailer that may carry them?

Has anyone bought them at a mall kiosk or something like that? I don't mind ordering online but i have the day off tomorrow and wouldn't mind doing a little driving in the Metro-Atlanta area, being that my wrapsol replacement came back all messed up AGAIN!

Any help is appreciated.

2. tigert07 macrumors regular

for the new iphone 4 i dunno how they will be giving them to retailers. i do know the apple store usually always has the 3gs films in. i would expect the iPhone 4 ones would also be carried.

3. lonnielove macrumors regular

I'm looking for the privacy ones I liked the ones they had for the 3GS, very durable and kinda thick but I worked with all the cases I ever had so no problems with that at all, hopefully they come out with it soon.

4. UCLAkers macrumors member

hmm interesting.. are you sure the one for the 3G/3GS would fit the 4? just by looking at it I was thinking it'd be too big. and I think maybe the apple store you went to just may have run out of the crystal film? the 3 or 4 apple stores closest to me all carry them (as well as the anti-glare) and have sold out from time to time before.

5. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

Unless a couple of people have lied in other threads, I've read that they fit just a tad smaller on the i4 which is fine cause I'm getting a bumper anyhow

But yeah, they didn't have any clear only about 50+ of the antiglare :-/

6. GeekAhead macrumors member

GeekAhead

Apple stores will no longer carry any screen protectors.

7. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

i just ordered the CRYSTAL clear from amazon i'll post back after i install it.. or try to at least

8. robby818 macrumors 6502a

It will not fit. I tried with my spare 3G PS crystal. The cutouts do not align properly.

9. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

thank you.. i read that in a few places as well and so i canceled my order.. ugh.. sux.. i ordered the SGP instead.. the wrapsol makes the phone look hideious

10. UCLAkers macrumors member

yea, thought so. you can pretty much tell by looking at the width of the 3G film itself.

BulletToothTony - just put something on it right now for the time being and wait a couple of weeks for PS to release their new front film for the 4 (I think they said it goes on sale the last week of july). I'm still waiting for the white 4 so I won't actually be getting my phone til around then anyway.

11. poose22 macrumors member

i have the 3g/3gs PS anti-glare protector on my iPhone 4 as we speak. I can verify that it fits fine. It does not overlap to the sides at all. And I also used a hole puncher to make a hole for the front face camera. No complaints here! It will suffice till PS officially releases the i4 version of their screen protectors.

12. BulletToothTony thread starter macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

ugh.. my sgp already shipped.. ugh.. a day too late.. lol thanx thou.. i guess i'm gonna wait til the iphone 4 version comes out not since i've already bought the wrapsol now sgp.. hopefully i'm satisfied enough with it that i don't have to worry about another one.. cause the wrapsol makes the screen of the phone look like cheap plastic.. piece of junk

13. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I keep hearing this but every time I go in, my Apple store has more and more PS screen protectors on the rack for all manor of devices. Are we sure they're not going to keep selling PS products?

14. christyn macrumors 6502a

They claim they will not be getting in any new SP's. My store still carries the anti glare for 3G/3GS but have said it's only because they still had stock, and will no longer be carrying it once sold out, and thus won't get any for IP4.

Been told that by a couple different employees, and that's the reason they don't have the crystal in any more, but take that for what it's worth. Seems like they don't really know any more than the rest of us most of the time.

I'd be willing to bet that we may just have to buy directly from PS, at least in the next couple of months.