power support screen films

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iCheese, Oct 1, 2008.

1. iCheese macrumors regular

I need help deciding if I should get the anti-glare film set or the regular crystal film set for my iPhone.

I currently have an anti-glare film set on it, however my iPhone left my pocket during a carnival ride and got banged around in the passenger compartment :eek:
    The iPhone is fine, however the film set got scratched in two places and now there are air bubbles under those spots. I tried reapplying the film set, but the bubbles are still there.

After having read about the grainy appearance that the anti-glare set causes, I played with my iPhone with the screen protector removed. I do like the naked display (I have not seen it since I first bought my iPhone). Things appear sharper, and the glossy look reminds me of the screen on my MacBook, which I like. The grainy appearance caused by the anti-glare film isn't that bad, in my opinion, and I do like how the film makes it nearly impossible for fingerprints to stick, along with anything else that happens to get on the screen.

I am just having trouble deciding if I will enjoy the sharper image and glossy appearance of the crystal film set enough to not miss the anti-glare and anti-fingerprint surface of my old anti-glare set.

Any opinions on what one I should get? If it influences anyones opinion, it seems like the anti-glare set is on backorder, while the crystal film set is available right now.

thanks for reading and any responses I get.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Aww, good thing your iPhone never took any damage, just the screens (hurray that's what the screens are for anyway)

With regards to your concern, I still personally like the Anti-glare, cause I'm more of the guy who doesn't want smudges all over. I mean you could go for a pristine display but there will be smudges here and there that will annoy me. If you really really can deal with the fingerprints/smudges, then just go with the pristine look - Crystal film.

I've had my PS Anti glare since they released it for the iPhone 3G version (and when they released the iPhone 3G I had the Anti glare iPhone (1st gen) on it haha) and up until now it's still there protecting my screen. I know I sacrificed the clarity for the anti fingerprint effect but I already got used to it I should say. If for any reason my Anti glare will wore out badly, the thing that I'm taking into consideration is the Steinheil anti fingerprint film (search the forums for this, there's a discussion). They said it's a little bit clear than the anti glare by power support and still supports the anti fingerprint effect. The only thing I don't like is some people posted that they already had scratches on their steinheil film, while on my side - Anti glare I haven't got any scratches yet till today.

So I don't know, it depends if you still want to sacrifice a little bit of clarity to get no smudges on your screen. Hopefully that helps.

3. iCheese thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the response.

I am still undecided, but I will read up on that Steinheil screen protector, I've never heard of it before.

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

For what it's worth, I have the Anti-Glare Film also. I've actually gotten used to the screen, but since an Apple store opened here, I decided to pick up a Crystal Film and another Anti-Glare (in case I wanted to go back). I think I prefer the colours of the naked/Crystal screen to the Anti-Glare as I hardly use the phone in high glare conditions. And for the fingerprints, I figure it will be a lot easier to wipe the Crystal Film than the naked screen. I can just use my shirt or a tissue without worrying about scratches instead of making sure to carry a microfiber cloth at all times.

5. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I have the PS Crystal. I like the way it looks and feels. But I am not a fan of the finger print smudges. But you get used to it and they wipe away easy.

6. m98evolution macrumors newbie

I had the PS Anti-glare and it was great. One day I dropped my phone on the cement (luckily had a case on it as well) and so the film was damaged. I took the opportunity to try out other brands and after installing the fullbodyfilms protection pack for the 3g I am very happy with the results. For $15 included in the pack was the fullbody film and 2 screen protectors - 1 anti-glare and 1 clear. The anti-glare film from fullbodyfilms is identical to the PS film I had and I am very happy with the results. Perfect installation on the first try without bubbles and the anti-glare finish is great against fingerprints and smudges.

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

I can't handle finger prints and whatnot... I hate them.... so with that said I will always recommend the anti-glare power support screen protector. Not smudges, no finger prints, no anything... it looks great. It reminds me of looking at an LCD without the glass in front of it. I'm digging it. I had the other crystal one, and hated it.