Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MFlood7356

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Hey so I've recently installed a power support screen protector on my 4s and I pretty much put it on perfect everything matches up great. My only issue is that the corners and edges around the speaker aren't staying stuck. I've had it on since I got my phone Friday morning. Any recommendations to making it stick? I was thinking blowing a hair dryer on it lightly to heat up the adhesive.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Hey so I've recently installed a power support screen protector on my 4s and I pretty much put it on perfect everything matches up great. My only issue is that the corners and edges around the speaker aren't staying stuck. I've had it on since I got my phone Friday morning. Any recommendations to making it stick? I was thinking blowing a hair dryer on it lightly to heat up the adhesive.

Perhaps it was defective? I have really good experience with PowerSupport screen protector. I never have this issue.

If its not going to stick when you first put it on (while its still fresh), then it will never going to stick. :rolleyes:

diacritic

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2010
Do you see any dust under those parts that don't stick? I would not recommend that you use a hair dryer on it, though maybe someone who has done this can speak to this option. I put the Powersupport anti-glare on both my wife's and my iphone 4s and they stick great.

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
Just take a it back for an exchange. There is no adhesive on power support screen protectors, they use static to cling to the phone. If its not sticking now, then its defective.

MFlood7356

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
I bought it from the apple store and have the packaging it came with and the receipt. You think they'll give me a refund on the spot? I'm not trying to ship it to power support.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
I bought it from the apple store and have the packaging it came with and the receipt. You think they'll give me a refund on the spot? I'm not trying to ship it to power support.

Try to repackage everything like it was new condition and ask for a replacement. I am sure they would do it. :D

MFlood7356

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
The packaging came with two screen protectors. The first one I messed up by accidentally put it on my bed the wrong side facing up and it got dust all over it so I threw it away and now I only have 1 which is on my iPhone. I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they tell me.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
they will send you a replacement for free you just have to send them a pic and tell them what happened..call first they will set up everything..you have 30 days warranty..had a similar issues..they have great support..you dont need to send it back..keep it as a back up or use it till it gets used up then use the new replacement that what i did:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.