Power Support screen protector sucks...(6 Plus)

mobutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I bought it from the Apple Store and it's not even the proper size for the screen. :(

titans1127

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
At this point you aren't going to find any screen protectors that go to the edge due to the curved edges of the screen. Some companies should be releasing them soon now that the phone is actually

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I bought it from the Apple Store and it's not even the proper size for the screen. :(
Pretty much all existing screen protectors are like that. You're not going to find any brands that are perfect and considering the design of the phone I wouldn't be surprised if what there is now is the best we will get.

GeeSixx

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2011
California
I'm actually enjoying it. Sure the curved glass causes it to have to be cut smaller so that there is no peeling, but its a good screen protector. Can't knock it for the design of the screen its protecting.

Mr.C

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I'm actually enjoying it. Sure the curved glass causes it to have to be cut smaller so that there is no peeling, but its a good screen protector. Can't knock it for the design of the screen its protecting.
Yes the actual quality of the screen protector is very good and much better then the Tech Armor one I have on my 5S.

mobutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
The quality is amazing. Better than any of the previous power support ones I had. I guess it's just the curved glass. Hopefully we see better cut ones soon.

WJKramer

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
Did you not read any of the other threads on this exact topic?

Here is my initial review:

Ok, I have to respond to this. I am one of those who has been using Power Support's anti-glare films for years. The only brand I trust and recommend. I am also OCD when it comes to film installation. In fact, I have had so much practice that I could probably make a living applying these, I have done way to many for free I use a "clean room" with humidifier to reduce dust and have various tools and tricks of the trade to use. I pre-ordered on their website as soon as the 6 Plus films went live. However they have an Oct 6 release date. In my communication with Power Support the ones they are selling in the Apple Store are not the same they are/will be selling on their website. Those versions will be much more precise in fit. With that being said I walked over to the Apple store this morning and picked up a pack for testing on my 6 Plus. To my surprise I am actually pleasantly happy with the product and installation. I was able to get great alignment covering the entire viewable LCD (and I mean to the edge!). The cut outs don't bother me as much as I thought however the home button leaves a little to be desired as it is quite large, of which Power Support has informed me will be corrected. I use it in conjunction with the Apple leather case as well if anyone is interested. I am sorry I can't post pics at this time as the 6 plus is the only camera I have with me traveling this week. If I get some time at home next week I'll through some up on here. Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.