Power Support Screen Protectors

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by XxCH3AT3RxX, Jul 19, 2008.

1. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

Well, my iPod Touch is coming here Tuesday and I wont be home until Thursday so I want to order a protector now. I heard great things about Power Support products so I think I will buy them, but I am open up to suggestions.

The two different ones are the Anti-Glare and the Crystal. I know both of them do not cover the whole iPod, but is that a problem? Are the sides greatly affected? What are the pros and cons of both? Is there a clear film that covers the whole touch like invisible shield, but not as expensive?

The two links to the Power support products are:

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/ip_touch_film.php

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/ip_touch_antiglare.php

And I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Power-Support-C...237973896QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190237973896

I am unsure about it though since the picture shows Anti-Glare, but the description and title say crystal.

Edit: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11376

I ordered the product above the other day. I always buy from this site and they have some good things. I saw this same case on eBay and it was selling high. Although this covers the edges and the back I hate silicone cases in the pocket. They are a pain to get out.

Thanks!

2. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? I am heading out in the morning and trying to order something tonight.

3. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

The ones on Ebay are your best bet, I have purchased that brand to protect my MacBook and they are unnoticeable, don't effect performance, and do an awesome job protecting my expensive purchase. Plus they're cheap!

Go with those.

4. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

I have been very happy with the antiglare one. It's caught a couple scratches and greatly reduces the glare and smudging issues.

5. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

As for the ones on eBay I am unsure which they are. Like I said the image shows anti glare and the desc. and title say the crystal. I contacted the seller yesterday, but still waiting on a response. The only think that I am weary about with Power Support is the no protection on the sides.

http://cgi.ebay.com/InvisibleShield...OUCH-Skin_W0QQitemZ310064325876QQcmdZViewItem

Do you guys think this is good? I know it is invisibleSHIELD, but does it show a lot of glare, fingerprints, etc.? Are the invisibleSHIELD not as easy to slide your finger on?

6. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

When you compare the Power Support Anti Glare to the invisibleSHIELD head to head, which do you guys prefer?

Compare the glare, fingerprints, oils, and etc. Is it a big problem and scratch prone that the sides aren't protected on the Power Support?

Or would it be best to get Anti glare and just use the front one and buy a case that protects the back?

7. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

omg i just posted an answer to this very question, addressing everything your asking in another thread. DID YOU EVEN USE THE SEARCH BUTTON?

8. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

As I mentioned in another post yesterday, I use the Power Support Crystal Film Set and really like it. I don't notice any smudges from fingerprints on the film unless I look at the screen from a low angle. The film for the back of the iPod Touch doesn't give complete coverage, but I use a Contour Showcase as well so it isn't a big deal to me. If you use your Touch outside a lot, the Power Support anti-glare film set may be for you.

9. jalagl macrumors 6502a

jalagl

I also use the antiglare one on my iPhone and definitely recommend it.

10. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

And at the time I made this thread you didn't give me a reply to my question.

Anyone recommend a good back case so I can use the anti glare? Or would I be best getting invisibleSHIELD?

11. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

What kind of logic is that? Um, I didn't answer your question because you didn't use the search function. Why foster bad forum habits?

You can do a search on your second question too. There is a whole "best case" thread, about a dozen invisible shield threads, or maybe someone else who is okay wasting their time can answer your question. You should do more research before blindly asking for advice. You get more information that way.