Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speekez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
Hi All

Any feedback from anyone using the Power Support Silicone Jacket, any color? I like that it is slim/low profile, looking for more scratch protection than anything (combined with their screen protectors)

Thanks in advance!

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
they look nice, i didn't know about them. I have the regular air jacket which is nice. I use that sometimes but i'm leaning towards just using my Incipio silicone case (dermaShot) since its just simple and has good shock protection. It seems to be the same as those Silicone Jackets. Oh and i have the anti glare on it, which i LOVE.

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
I was an avid believer of the Powersupport Air Jacket but it does leave the bezel open and prone to scratches. That annoys me to the max. So Now I've got the incase slider. Really like the protection it has and no bezel scratches too.

FYI: I changed the case after I got the phone changed. Don't ask how/why but I just got it changed.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ/Chicago, IL
I have one that I got for xmas last year and I have had it until about two days ago when I bought a InCase slider...I really like the low profile of the Jacket and I liked the fact that you could see the Apple logo through it(I had the clear one) but I didnt like that all kinds of crap got between my phone and the Jacket. I think the Jacket ended up actually scratching the back of my phone alittle bit. I like my new slider much better...but it might just be because its new:D

oakie

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
seattle
I was an avid believer of the Powersupport Air Jacket but it does leave the bezel open and prone to scratches. That annoys me to the max. So Now I've got the incase slider. Really like the protection it has and no bezel scratches too.

FYI: I changed the case after I got the phone changed. Don't ask how/why but I just got it changed.

i used to love my incase slider except that the lower portion kept cracking. after two warranty returns, i got tired of it and bought the switcheasy capsule. added the rear portion from the invisibleshield kit combined with the powersupport screen overlay so it would fit snugly without the rigid screen protector provided by the switcheasy kit.

the switcheasy capsule has the same coverage as the incase slider, but comes with a universal dock adapter to allow fitment without removal of the case. the plastic seems more flexible and thus more resistant to the cracking issue i kept having with the incase slider. it is much more difficult to remove should you need to, but i've been much happier since it doesnt BREAK.

jedispongee

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2009
I have the Power Support Silicone Jacket.

Pros:
-It's slim

-The clear silicone preserved the "whiteness" of my phone.

Cons:
-It's not a stiff piece of silicone like from other companies. As a result the case fits snugly, but you can pull, bend, and distort the silicone.

-While the product info claims it has a "lint repelling finish," my case was a lint magnet. It was literally covered in lint after time in my pockets. And since the silicone is bendy, a lot of lint got under the case as well, resulting in me having to constantly take off the case and rub the lint away from under the case.

I also really think that the constant rubbing of the lint covered silicone while in my pocket caused dust to get under my glass screen. However, take that with a grain of salt as I'm not saying this with any scientific study. It could also be because I took the film/screen protector off and had the case on without the screen protector, but I really don't see how it would make a difference as power support films (at least the ones I have) don't cover that little space between the chrome bezel and the screen. But I really just don't remember any dust under my screen at all before this case, even though I'm a bit OCD about this kind of stuff.

P.S. Sorry for the bump, but I was looking to see if any others had this issue with this particular case and saw this thread.

speekez

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
I went with an Incase slider, matte black (almost rubber-like surface), which has been great --- can rub out any minor scuffs, no lint, good grip. Paired it with a Power Support Anti Glare cover sheet. Have been very happy with the combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.