Powerbeats 2 wireless in winter

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
I want to buy the new powerbeats 2 wireless but I have some questions:

1. How do they perform in winter? I mean -5 to -15 degree
2. How do they cope with temperature differences when coming after running to home so the temp difference is 30-35 degree.
3. Baterry isues when cold?

bigjim83

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2011
I haven't used them in the cold but one can only assume that at those kind of temps the battery will get sapped out pretty quickly. I know when my phone gets extremely cold the battery dies quickly

dwa2011

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
Northwest Atlanta
Yeah, I wish I could comment on this, but I live in Athens, GA and wear them around the UGA campus daily. But it hasn't gotten close to that cold. The coldest conditions I have worn them in is 20ish degrees and nothing changed with performance or battery life. Sorry I can not provide more info.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Yeah, I wish I could comment on this, but I live in Athens, GA and wear them around the UGA campus daily. But it hasn't gotten close to that cold. The coldest conditions I have worn them in is 20ish degrees and nothing changed with performance or battery life. Sorry I can not provide more info.
OP might not be from USA so its likely he is talking Celcius

MajkJaro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
I wonder will it destroy the battery or will it during summer be in normal shape? iPhone performs badly in winter but in summer its normal. I have two normal earphones from iPhone 5s but would love to have the powerbeats 2 as earphones for running and gym.
In poland they cost 280 bucks…!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.