Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aloper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
I'm coming from Jaybird Run's to the PowerBeats Pro. On my Jaybirds, I've used Comply tips for better sealing and sound isolation for well over a year. Figured I would do the same and have tried the Comply tips for the Beats X, and they fit on the Powerbeats perfectly...but I can't get any seal at all. I do the twisty, twirly thing before putting them into my ears, and then gently press them in and hold for like 10-15 seconds but still no seal. The mediums were perfect on my Jaybirds, and those are what I started with and have also tried the small ones as well, but no go. I ordered the large ones and will try them this weekend...

The other odd thing was, I started with the default medium silicone that came installed, and they were ok... But I could push a little, and get much better volume and bass while pressing in a little. Switched to the large ones, and bam, perfect! So that is why I'm trying the large Comply tips next...

kingalien

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2010
Earth
I got both the Comply Sport Pro and Audio Pro tips for my BeatsX and the Sport Pros worked well. Used same on my PowerBeats Pro and while it worked, the Comply Audio Pro tips turned out to be best fit with a better seal for me.

DesertSilver

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
Portland, OR
I bought the medium Comply Sport tips made specifically for the Beats and they’re definitely smaller than the mediums I have for another earphone. So I need to bump up to a large if I want to stick with Comply but I found the large silicone tips works well for me.

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone
I'm coming from Jaybird Run's to the PowerBeats Pro. On my Jaybirds, I've used Comply tips for better sealing and sound isolation for well over a year. Figured I would do the same and have tried the Comply tips for the Beats X, and they fit on the Powerbeats perfectly...but I can't get any seal at all. I do the twisty, twirly thing before putting them into my ears, and then gently press them in and hold for like 10-15 seconds but still no seal. The mediums were perfect on my Jaybirds, and those are what I started with and have also tried the small ones as well, but no go. I ordered the large ones and will try them this weekend...

The other odd thing was, I started with the default medium silicone that came installed, and they were ok... But I could push a little, and get much better volume and bass while pressing in a little. Switched to the large ones, and bam, perfect! So that is why I'm trying the large Comply tips next...

Same exact thing happened to me. I'm using the Large stock tip for the PBP but I use to use the medium Comply tips on my PB3 with no issue. They don't deal at all with the PBP. Did you get a larger one? How was the seal?

What I noticed was the the hole opening on the tip is much smaller on the PBP stock tips than the PB3. Wonder if thats causing more sound leaks?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
same issue here,
coming from Powerbeats 3 to the pro

I've got large earholes, can't use AirPods, they fall right out

I've been using the large comply tips with the PB3 with no issues.
on the pro's they don't seal, even got a new set of tips, didn't help.

I've had the best luck with the large tips that come with the PBpro, but still find myself trying to adjust them to get a better seal repeatedly.

anyone come up with any solutions?

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
same issue here,
coming from Powerbeats 3 to the pro

I've got large earholes, can't use AirPods, they fall right out

I've been using the large comply tips with the PB3 with no issues.
on the pro's they don't seal, even got a new set of tips, didn't help.

I've had the best luck with the large tips that come with the PBpro, but still find myself trying to adjust them to get a better seal repeatedly.

anyone come up with any solutions?

Good info. Seems like we have the same ear problems haha. I’ll keep using the large stock tips. Comply needs to do more R&D on the pros I think. Maybe I’ll shoot a email on my findings.

aloper

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2015
Rocklin, CA
Anyone

Same exact thing happened to me. I'm using the Large stock tip for the PBP but I use to use the medium Comply tips on my PB3 with no issue. They don't deal at all with the PBP. Did you get a larger one? How was the seal?

What I noticed was the the hole opening on the tip is much smaller on the PBP stock tips than the PB3. Wonder if thats causing more sound leaks?

I did try the large comply tips and still not a good seal...on a whim I tried the “comfort” tips in large which are rounder than the barrel shaped pro tips and they give me a good seal!

These are the ones I found that worked, in large...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQU2V38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

maximumsportz

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2008
I did try the large comply tips and still not a good seal...on a whim I tried the “comfort” tips in large which are rounder than the barrel shaped pro tips and they give me a good seal!

These are the ones I found that worked, in large...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AQU2V38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Interesting... How are they compared to the large stock tips? Bass? After using the medium comfort tips I had they sounded horrible. Maybe large is the sweet spot? IS it much difference from the large stock tips?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.