Powerbeats Pro battery discharge?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iphoneuserinyyz, May 25, 2019.

1. iphoneuserinyyz macrumors member

In the couple of weeks I have had the PBP, my practice is to leave them in the case (which is generally not plugged in) overnight. Twice now, I have awoken to find the headphones at near zero charge (1% typically), while the case itself is still mostly charged (once was at 95%, once at 50-something percent). Can anyone figure out why this is happening and whether I can prevent it from happening again? Is it possible something is faulty here?

2. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

They aren’t seated in the case correctly maybe. The contact metal plates aren’t hitting in the case contact charge plates. I guess when you put them in, check on ur phone if they are actually charging before leaving them. If your doing everything right then it’s a faulty one.

3. iphoneuserinyyz, May 25, 2019
    Last edited: May 25, 2019

iphoneuserinyyz thread starter macrumors member

Is it enough to let the magnets in the case “suck” the headphones into place? Or do they need an extra press down on to the charging contacts? If it's the latter, that might be the reason - I have been relying on the magnets in the case to align everything properly.

4. Renho macrumors 68000

Renho

I have only had mine a couple days. So not sure but I put the ear tip in the hole first then let it get sucked down. Then do an extra press down. I check in my phone battery widget and see them charge. Also I think the light on ur case goes red when you close the lid and it’s actually charging the beats.