Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobinNL

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
World
hi guys,

Just bought Powerbeats pro and feel they are excellent but I noticed there are subtle differences between the build of the right bud compared to left. In my case:

The right bud has a larger panel gap (can be felt with finger) than the left. I mean the line where the ear hook connects to the body.

The Powerbeats button on my right bud sits flush with the body of the headphone, on my left earbud the button isn’t flush with the body and has a more clicky feel.

TLTR: do you see visual differences between the left and right Powerbeats earbud? And do you think this can influence durability such as splash resistance? I’m still in my 14 days but want to make sure this is normal or common. Happy with the product otherwise

RobinNL

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
World
Really hope to get this solved. I will try to post pics later today. Can more people pls help me and check their Powerbeats for differences ? Need to decide whether this is normal or not. Unfortunately the Apple Store is quite a drive for me :(

RobinNL

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
World
IMG_2066.jpeg

IMG_2064.jpeg

RobinNL

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
World
I just received mine today and I don’t notice any difference between the two.

Thanks for checking :) The more I read the more it seems mine are defective. It's pretty narrow but I feel the slightly poking out button could fall out at one point and the gap on the other one could let in moisture.

Have been checking photos online from reviewers but it's hard to spot without seeing them in person grrr

RobinNL

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 6, 2017
World
Robin; I was happy with my PBP’s until I came across this post!

Nooo! Sry man.. I’m still unsure whether this is normal tho.

It all depends on that, because I think the perfect unit might not exist.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
My right Beats logo has more of a clicky feel than my left (which is a bit mushy); you can actually hear the click on the right earphone. Debating whether to exchange it but it seems like there won't ever be a perfect unit, these are all mass produced pieces of plastics and electronics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.