Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple plans to start selling Powerbeats Pro in Ivory, Moss, and Navy starting starting on August 22 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time from the online Apple Store.

After orders for the new colors open on August 22, Apple plans to ship the headphones out on August 30, the same day the Powerbeats Pro will be available in retail stores.

powerbeatsproallcolors-800x371.jpg

Apple started selling Powerbeats Pro in May after introducing them in April, but only the black color was available at launch. Apple said that it would make the other colors available at a later date.

powerbeatspro3-800x595.jpg

Powerbeats Pro are a wire-free version of Apple's popular fitness-oriented Powerbeats earbuds. Like the AirPods, Powerbeats Pro feature a dedicated charging case that offers 24 hours of battery life and an H1 chip for fast connectivity to your devices, device switching, and Hey Siri support.

powerbeatsprocolors-800x182.jpg

Apple's Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States. For more on the Powerbeats Pro features, make sure to check out our guide.

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro in Ivory, Moss, and Navy Available for Pre-order on August 22

Reactions: travis64

lmcrael

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2014
I’ve tried these, really great gym headphones, but I retuned them. Will def. purchase for good once I catch them on sale for $180-200.

Reactions: RaptorSausage

WRChris

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2016
Indiana
ARGH I just caved and bought black. Do I return them?
You will not regret the purchase if you use headphones while being active. If you want a color other then black, yes, return them.

Every article on beats has the haters. It’s as if they live for trash talking.

I’m excited to buy the white ones for my fiancé so I can get my black ones back for good!

Last edited:

ondert

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2017
Canada
Why Apple has become such sluggish for certain products? HomePod is another example. They just kill their own sales.

coachgq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
They make this very bold statement on the web site :- "We listened to real athletes and we heard that nothing was more important than sound". What a load of BS

What's wrong with that statement? What about it makes it BS?
[doublepost=1566238187][/doublepost]
I’ve tried these, really great gym headphones, but I retuned them. Will def. purchase for good once I catch them on sale for $180-200.

That's what I did. Found them with 2 weeks usage on eBay for 185, used the 10% app discount, and got free shipping. Under $170, and they are great!

Reactions: Borin

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
I was getting my phone replaced in my local Apple store the other day and the blue shirt helping the chap next to me was wearing these.

Not just wearing them, but wearing them while dealing with customers.

What a cock.
I hope he had them turned off, at least! :)

aimbdd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
East Cost
If you can't replace the batteries I don't think I want them. Not gonna get roped into a 'headphone subscription'. My two year old AirPods give me about 40 minutes tops before they start giving low battery warnings.
I had the previous version of these, and they don’t have that problem. The batteries in these are bigger, so they last longer.

SidricTheViking

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2014
If you can't replace the batteries I don't think I want them. Not gonna get roped into a 'headphone subscription'. My two year old AirPods give me about 40 minutes tops before they start giving low battery warnings.
Batteries can be replaced but it’ll cost a few quid (that’s dollars/pounds/dinar/euro/roubles/yen/yuan) depending on your location. Currently €55 each here in Ireland (https://support.apple.com/en-ie/airpods/repair/service).
[doublepost=1566240240][/doublepost]
So glad I sent the black ones back. Navy here I come!
So, what are the chances that there’ll be iPhones to match these colours next month? Zero?

What about WATCH bands? 50-50?

Reactions: Rastapopoulos

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
So before the 1 year warranty is up you talk to Apple: on phone, in-store, or online, and tell them you’re getting low battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.