Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's totally wireless Powerbeats Pro earphones become available to pre-order in the United Kingdom on May 31, according to a social media ad posted on the official Beats By Dre U.K. Twitter account.

powerbeats-pro-uk-order-date.jpg

The date was spotted in the small print at the end of the 15-second video short, which features British professional boxer Anthony Joshua and touts the nine hours of listening time offered by the fitness-focused earphones. The promotional ad originally went out on May 27.

The black Powerbeats Pro have been available to pre-order since May 3 in the United States and Canada, with the first deliveries to customers arriving on May 10. However, they remain listed as "coming soon" on Apple's online U.K. store, while fine print on the Beats website for the U.K., France, and Germany simply states that the earphones will begin their rollout later in May.

Extrapolating from the U.K. date in the ad, and given how late in the month we now are, it's highly likely that Powerbeats Pro will also be available to pre-order in black in France and Germany from this Friday, May 31.

According to the fine print on other regional Beats websites, Powerbeats Pro will be available in Australia, Singapore, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, Austria, Italy, Spain, Ireland, The Netherlands, Belgium, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Mexico, and Brazil in June.

The earphones are initially available in black only, with ivory, moss, and navy colors set to become available this summer in the United States and Canada, and most of the countries listed above, although Apple cautions that color availability is subject to change.

Powerbeats Pro are Apple's first totally wireless Beats earphones, featuring the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods for hands-free "Hey Siri" and faster connection speeds between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and other devices.

The Powerbeats Pro feature adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks and earbud tips with four size options. As mentioned, they last up to nine hours per charge, with more battery life available on the go via an included charging case.

Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States, $329.95 in Canada, £219.95 in the United Kingdom, and $349.95 in Australia.

Thanks, Chris!

Article Link: Powerbeats Pro Orders Begin This Friday in UK, France, and Germany

Reactions: Akrapovic

maddogsrfr81

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2013
My brother got pair. They actually sound pretty damn good. Even better than my pair of Jabra Elite 65t. Uncle Mike let my youngest listen to them. "Dad, I know what I want for my birthday".
I would agree. They sound a lot better than the threes, battery life is great and had all the AirPod features I missed while the AirPods fell out of my ears.

Reactions: AaronM5670

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
About bloomin' time!

Although I'm looking forward more to the upcoming NuraLoop in October especially as there's 20% off for preordering now.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I will be pre-ordering these, although I don't have much experience with launch day stuff.

What site would give me the quickest delivery? I'm assuming Apple.com, but Argos also has them listed as Coming Soon. Amazon had a listing up, but removed it - so that'll be up too. Is Apple the quickest one, as you'd expect?

Also, what's the turn around from pre-order to dispatch? A week? A month?

Mr.DD216

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2011
Looking at how I ordered mine May 10 and they STILL haven’t shipped, I wouldn’t get too excited for the foreign orders. They probably won’t ship for another month smh this has got to be the worst launch of a product I’ve ever seen
[doublepost=1559139962][/doublepost]
That's awesome, super happy for the rest of the world. Now, if only they'd stock the shelves here in the US, that'd be great!

Exactly. If they get theirs before us then something isn’t right

Reactions: maine82

Mac 128

macrumors 603
Apr 16, 2015
Does anybody else think it’s funny that BlueTooth Headphones are considered “Pro” vs. the wired versions?

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
I will be pre-ordering these, although I don't have much experience with launch day stuff.

What site would give me the quickest delivery? I'm assuming Apple.com, but Argos also has them listed as Coming Soon. Amazon had a listing up, but removed it - so that'll be up too. Is Apple the quickest one, as you'd expect?

Also, what's the turn around from pre-order to dispatch? A week? A month?
Apple will have stock first so besy to order there. It's usually a 1 -2 week wait but could be longer due to stock shortages in USA and definitely much much longer if you don't order quickly once live.
[doublepost=1559142511][/doublepost]
Does anybody else think it’s funny that BlueTooth Headphones are considered “Pro”?
Nah, it's just advertising jargon. Means nothing.
[doublepost=1559142827][/doublepost]
Looking at how I ordered mine May 10 and they STILL haven’t shipped, I wouldn’t get too excited for the foreign orders. They probably won’t ship for another month smh this has got to be the worst launch of a product I’ve ever seen

Didn't they go live 3rd May? So you were a full week behind the rush early orders of a new Apple product. Are Apple behind on your delivery estimate?

Worst launch ever...no you just came late to the party. There is a world outside of USA and we've already had to wait.

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
They haven’t even fulfilled USA orders yet, still not available in stores. I wouldn’t get your hopes up UK, it’s been a horrible launch in the states.
[doublepost=1559143626][/doublepost]
Apple will have stock first so besy to order there. It's usually a 1 -2 week wait but could be longer due to stock shortages in USA and definitely much much longer if you don't order quickly once live.
[doublepost=1559142511][/doublepost]
Nah, it's just advertising jargon. Means nothing.
[doublepost=1559142827][/doublepost]
Didn't they go live 3rd May? So you were a full week behind the rush early orders of a new Apple product. Are Apple behind on your delivery estimate?

Worst launch ever...no you just came late to the party. There is a world outside of USA and we've already had to wait.

It has the been one of the worst with them. They aren’t even in stores and never were. So many pre ordered and still have not got any. Not sure why they launched a product with no product!

eliaz

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009

Yeah... to hell with us who live outside the US. Including people like me who are serving overseas and don’t have a way to buy these until they’re available on the economy. You’ll get your dang headphones - you’re fine. And if I get mine in Germany before you, sorry... life isn’t fair sometimes.

Silverjerk

macrumors member
May 7, 2015
Does anybody else think it’s funny that BlueTooth Headphones are considered “Pro” vs. the wired versions?

It's just a naming convention that is relative to the individual piece of hardware. I've never assumed it meant they were "Pro" from an audio perspective, just that they were the "Pro" version of this particular brand. Much like the MacBook Pro, or iPad Pro. I don't think any professional audio engineers (including myself, who still sits behind the booth from time to time) are buying these to mix and master our tracks. When I'm sitting at my DAW, I have a trusty pair of ATH-M50's, Senns, or other flat response headphone at the ready; when I'm running or at the gym, however, I don't want a wire tethering me to my phone -- nor do I appreciate the colorless sound. I like the bass heavy, aggressive nature of consumer-grade headphones for almost everything outside of the studio.

Yeah... to hell with us who live outside the US. Including people like me who are serving overseas and don’t have a way to buy these until they’re available on the economy. You’ll get your dang headphones - you’re fine. And if I get mine in Germany before you, sorry... life isn’t fair sometimes.

I don't think that was his sentiment. What I believe he (and I) was trying to say is given the low availability of these in the states, announcing an international launch seems a little premature. It is likely only going to constrain inventory even further, making it even more difficult for ANYONE to get a hold of them.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
They haven’t even fulfilled USA orders yet, still not available in stores. I wouldn’t get your hopes up UK, it’s been a horrible launch in the states.

It has the been one of the worst with them. They aren’t even in stores and never were. So many pre ordered and still have not got any. Not sure why they launched a product with no product!
OK I could agree if they didn't manufacture enough stock ahead of release that is poor but all new Apple product ranges are rinsed of pre-orders within the first hour, nothing new there. Waiting times increase but you have your order in with a time scale at least.

Why should retail stores receive stock at all if they can't keep up with online orders?

Apple usually do a bigger global release off the bat but have staggered it this time so we all get a chance to order at least. You can't damn a business for trying to sell to as many people as possible even if you have to wait a few weeks and if you didn't order right away then wait you must expect.
[doublepost=1559156739][/doublepost]
It's just a naming convention that is relative to the individual piece of hardware. I've never assumed it meant they were "Pro" from an audio perspective, just that they were the "Pro" version of this particular brand. Much like the MacBook Pro, or iPad Pro. I don't think any professional audio engineers (including myself, who still sits behind the booth from time to time) are buying these to mix and master our tracks. When I'm sitting at my DAW, I have a trusty pair of ATH-M50's, Senns, or other flat response headphone at the ready; when I'm running or at the gym, however, I don't want a wire tethering me to my phone -- nor do I appreciate the colorless sound. I like the bass heavy, aggressive nature of consumer-grade headphones for almost everything outside of the studio.

I don't think that was his sentiment. What I believe he (and I) was trying to say is given the low availability of these in the states, announcing an international launch seems a little premature. It is likely only going to constrain inventory even further, making it even more difficult for ANYONE to get a hold of them.
Do you have a delivery window though? Surely you expected this small wait? Apple have a small window of initial interest once a product is announced so they will try to get to as many countries as possible. Or should they serve everyone in the USA for 3 months before anyone else gets a chance?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

They have different stock allocations for different countries. They don’t have to fulfill all orders in the US before they can ship to other countries.

I’m happy with my 2nd gen AirPods but good luck to everyone ordering tomorrow.

Greggio

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
Tāmaki Makaurau, Aoteroa
Aussie, but not New Zealand? Might wanna check that...

They're not quoting a single site - they've checked each of the individual country sites that say "coming in June" to compile that list.

NZ was on the original list of launch countries, but there isn't a dedicated Beats site for NZ - just a single Australian one for Oceania.

So, I'm hoping NZ will still launch at the same time as Australia and that it's just dropped off these lists because there isn't a dedicated Beats site that says "June".

Reactions: drumcat

Renho

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
OK I could agree if they didn't manufacture enough stock ahead of release that is poor but all new Apple product ranges are rinsed of pre-orders within the first hour, nothing new there. Waiting times increase but you have your order in with a time scale at least.

Why should retail stores receive stock at all if they can't keep up with online orders?

Apple usually do a bigger global release off the bat but have staggered it this time so we all get a chance to order at least. You can't damn a business for trying to sell to as many people as possible even if you have to wait a few weeks and if you didn't order right away then wait you must expect.
[doublepost=1559156739][/doublepost]
Do you have a delivery window though? Surely you expected this small wait? Apple have a small window of initial interest once a product is announced so they will try to get to as many countries as possible. Or should they serve everyone in the USA for 3 months before anyone else gets a chance?

They told us a launch of May 10th to be in stores and delivery of pre orders. None and I mean none went Into stores on May 10th. It was only for a few select pre orders. They shouldn’t have said launch May 10th. They should have stated May 10th would have been a launch for a small number of pre orders and in stores would be a certain date. Stores still don’t have any to this day. I specifically didn’t pre order so I pick up in store. Which I have done with every iPhone. If I would have known they wouldn’t have had any instore I would have pre ordered.

They know how many they will have and on what days. It’s BS that they make us wait without knowing. Someone in that company knows, it’s not hard to let the consumer know when.

Silverjerk

macrumors member
May 7, 2015

No. I, like many other consumers, purchase my Apple products in store. On the date of release, there was a line of folks waiting in the early AM at my local Apple Store. Several days prior a manager stated (to all of us that called in beforehand, which was the majority of us) we should be at the store prior to opening and they'd have units in store for purchase, and that the folks who were waiting would get their units before any other customers. When Apple disclose that pre-orders will begin online on X date, and will be available in store on Y date, that's what we expect to happen. Yet, the doors opened, and their staff hurriedly dispersed and informed all of us individually that they did not get any units in, nor did any other store in the state. They had no news on when or at which locations to expect them.

And that is the crux of my issue. Apple said nothing publicly, and didn't even keep their staff updated on the status of their inventory (or lack thereof).

And no, I'm not implying that the rest of the world should wait; that's a misrepresentation of what I was actually stating, which is that Apple isn't even meeting the demand here, so how do they expect to meet it elsewhere when supplies are already constrained. If you check Apple.com regularly, the in store date gets pushed back by one more day each and every day. They are now slated for June 28th (when the original date of release was supposedly May 10th). From what I understand, this is the case everywhere, and is consistent across the US.

So if your question really is, what did I expect to happen? I expected for the release to be an actual release, to not have wasted my time and energy, and for them to have, at the very least, communicated that the May 10th release date was not going to happen. It would've been a simple matter of doing a press release and informing retail staff -- as they often do with company-wide communications -- that they would not have any stock available. But nothing.

Of my 40 years on this earth, I've been using Apple products for most of my life. I rely on them for both work and play. I'm an advocate of their technology, and love their products. But as a consumer, I do expect a certain level of responsibility to be taken on the side of the company that's developing and distributing products and services to be open and honest with their customers. While I'm still a fan of Apple products, I'm extremely disappointed with how this particular launch has been handled. And frankly, I have every right to be.

dav1dd

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2013
Oz
The usage of Pro has been done to death. It's like marketing for children. Get the Pro one, man, because it's, you know, better... because it's Pro.
Pro means they get to charge a lot more, for what is otherwise deemed normal.
Anyway, back to waiting for the iPad Pro Pro - the iPad Pro with an OLED display.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Still a very vague ETA for Hong Kong, in June (so it’s at least end of June) for only the black one. I can’t wait and just bought B&O's BeoPlay E8 2.0, really great sound, but there are occasional connection and interference issues. Not something that I would expect from B&O and an expensive earphones. I'm still open to PowerBeats since Apple stuff mostly worked flawlessly for me. Anyone having bad experience with the PowerBeats Pro?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.