PowerBeats3 Now Purchasable at Online Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Vihzel, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Vihzel, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016

Vihzel macrumors 6502

I checked the Apple website to see if there was an update to the PowerBeats3 from "Coming this Fall", and it is now purchasable for a delivery date between Nov 1-3 or pickup date of Nov 3 (for Southern California). I got mine in white! Let's hope it turns out pretty well.

Edit: Delivery and pickup dates have been pushed back as current inventory depletes.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

How easy are these to quickly take out temporary? I have earbuds in a lot but i have to take them out a lot for like a few minutes as well. I just let them hang down the edge of my coat or shirt right now, how easy are these?

3. dwendz23, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016

dwendz23 macrumors member

Anyone think it's worth it to upgrade from Powerbeats 2? I just got them last month and would consider upgrading if there is an improvement in sound quality. Wouldn't consider it if the only improvement is the battery life.

4. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Delivery dates are now Nov 3-10, which is to be expected as available stock is depleted, but the in store pick-up date is now Nov 10. That seems odd. Were people able to pre-orde them for pick-up on Nov 3, but they won't be on the shelves until Nov 10th? Such a specific change seems unusual.

5. ascender macrumors 68020

I've not seen any reviews, but so far what I have read has suggested they're the same as the 2's but with the W1 chip added.

6. ag29 macrumors 6502

I have the powerbeats2 and I will be upgrading because you get twice the battery life and it's supposed to be a lot easier to connect them all because of the W1 chip.

With wired headphones you just plug in the wire and it works..no setup process. Personally I miss those days in a way..even though bluetooth headphones are pretty much better in every way,..But thats why with the W1 chip it will make things so much easier for me..much easier to connect...get an hours battery life in 5 mins..and up to 12 hours of battery life. I'm sold

7. dwendz23 macrumors member

Does it make me lucky that my Powerbeats2 always automatically connect to my phone immediately when I turn them on?

8. Vihzel thread starter macrumors 6502

Got an email stating it has shipped and will be arriving Monday, October 31st. :D

9. Joell27 macrumors member

When did you order them? What was the original date given as to when you'd receive them?

10. ricktat macrumors 65816

I wish they used the lightning plug like the Beats X

11. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Ordered mine online the day they were made available for in-store pickup and got a surprise text that they were available today for me to pick up. I previously tried and returned the Solo3s due to comfort (otherwise enjoyed them!) I'm not an audiophile, just enjoy fun music, and for my purposes beats sound great. Got these for workouts mainly but will use them across my Apple line until the beatsx or airpods ship.

Pairing is a cinch, W1 chip works beautifully. The powerbeats appeared across my devices nearly instantly, switching amongst them (MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone, and in theory apple watch) is easy, sound is punchy and fun (great for workouts), and i find them comfortable. If the Solo3s are suggestive of battery life in comparison to claims, then I'm thinking >12 hours that they claim. Haven't tried range out yet.

12. Vihzel thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered it on Tuesday morning very shortly after they went on sale. The original dates I got were November 1-3 delivery or Nov 3rd pickup.

13. Joell27 macrumors member

How does it compare to the powerbeats 2 (sound wise)?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 28, 2016 ---
    How does he sound compare to powerbeats 2?

14. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

I'd say identical, but my time with the powerbeats 2 was very limited

15. perezr10, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2016

perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I'm upgrading from the Powerbeats2s to the 3s mainly for easy switching between devices. I watch a lot of video on my iPad and listen to a lot of music on my iPhone. With the new W1 chip the PowerBeats will be visible to any device without me having to go into the Bluetooth menu to choose them.

16. Phish311 macrumors regular

Thanks to this thread I picked up a pair of powerbeats 3 yesterday at my local Apple Store in MD. Very impressed with them so far. Solid sound and very comfortable. Pairing is almost too easy.

17. kawa636r macrumors regular

in Europe are still not available in the apple store, suggesting first date as 18 november

18. seatton macrumors 6502a

seatton

What color do you own? I am debating whether I should go for black or white. Initially, I wanted the black/red version, but it does not look the same as the black/red version for PowerBeats 2. I hope the white version does to get dirty easily considering I plan to use it at the gym 6 times a week.

19. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

You're already using the PB2 so you're already used to having to carry around an extra cable to charge them in addition to the Lightning cable to charge your phone.

Since these are the only in-ear headphones with the W1 chip available, most have no choice unless they want to keep using their wired earbuds with the adapter on an iPhone 7 and have any kind of cross-platform compatibility.

But I would hold out for the Beats X or AirPods just for the Lightning compatibility perspective, assuming the sound quality is the same.

20. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

Got the black ones which are nice and understated

21. est1738 macrumors regular

With the W1 chip, do these help with watching video? as In no delay with the audio as in other bluetooth headphones?

22. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

I'm wondering that too, but then again, I haven't had any problems with lag with the BT headphones I've used. Some are really good today. I watch videos on the treadmill at the gym all the time, and have yet to notice any audio lag.

23. LouisLoh macrumors regular

They lag considerably with .mkv files playing on my Mac. No issues with YouTube on iPhone. Haven't tried with .mkv files on iPad.