PowerBeats3 vs Bose Soundsport

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Nov 16, 2016.

?

Which ones are better overall?

1. Bose Soundsport Wireless

7 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. Powerbeats3

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

I don't go to the gym often (if ever) but might go for the occasional run or workout. Which would be best mainly just for listening to music every once in a while, not daily gym use.

2. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Also should throw Jaybird X3 into the mix....

Still can't make up my mind.

3. clerkpalmer macrumors member

Soundsport. Better sound. Better fit. Haven't used X3 but have used X2 and Freedoms and they are fussy to fit.

4. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. clerkpalmer macrumors member

No experience with pb 3 but owned the 2. Unless the sound has dramatically improved I would go with the Bose.

6. clerkpalmer macrumors member

Re-reading your post, you say you don't go to the gym that often. Based on that, I might give the Jaybird's a look since a good fit isn't critical. You might also check out the RBH EP-SB headphones. Hands down best sounding BT in ear's I have heard. If you research them you will find stellar reviews from audiophile sources. They work fine for the occasional gym trip too. If sound is a priority, they are your best bet.

7. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Honestly it's one of those things that I don't "need", but have in my head that I want. I'm traveling tomorrow for the holiday and currently have the PowerBeats3 and the Bose Soundsport, both still new in the box. Trying to decide which ones to open and keep....

I rarely listen to music as it is, but once I get something in my head that I want, I have to get something! (yes, it's a problem!!)

8. clerkpalmer macrumors member

They are both solid choices. Can't go wrong. My money is on the Bose.

9. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. Only other benefit of the PB3 is the battery life. Not sure if I like have the ear "clips" or not...

10. kingston73 macrumors 6502

I've got the bose and really like them. They are very comfortable and stay in my ears without any issue, plus they sound great. Really good bass response, very clear and a solid 5 hours of battery life. They also seem like they recharge fairly quickly. The only downside is they are large so they won't fit under most types of helmets, I was hoping to be able to wear them while riding my motorcycle but that's a no.

11. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I'm very happy with PB3. Great sound, never fall out, super battery life, and easy MacOS/iOS device switching thanks to the W1 chip

12. MetalCores macrumors regular

MetalCores

I personally think the bose is a better product

13. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

That's completely understandable, they make great products. I had Bose Buds I swore by for years and I have one of their wireless speakers, both flawless. However with Apples W1 and deeper ecosystem integration, I'm not really considering Bose any more