Powerbeats3 Wireless Update?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nanogirl21, Feb 10, 2019.

1. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Do you think the Powerbeats3 Wireless will be updated soon?

2. F23 macrumors member

F23

No, Apple will be rarely updating the Beats line up anymore. Maybe some chip updates or new colors. Apple is gonna be pushing AirPods, and their soon to come over ear headphones to distinguish from their Beats line up as the more premium option. Just like it's been pretty much 6 years since the last Beats Studio redesign. Just minor internal tweaks from now on.

3. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Have you seen info about over the ear headphones?

I personally don't like AirPods since they hurt my ear. PowerBeats have been perfect. I just wish they had a different charging port. The Beats X would be even better if they had longer battery life. I'd get another pair of Powerbeats wireless before I get any AirPods.

4. F23 macrumors member

F23

There have been multiple rumors on here and 9to5Mac about the over ear headphones in the past year. No for sure date on when they might drop but considering the Beats line up was updated last in 2017 it could be a couple more years until they touch their headphone lineups. If you're looking to buy another pair of Powerbeats now is a safe time. You could also try soft silicon tips that go over AirPods, I have them myself and others have reported they improve comfort and grip in your ear. New AirPods coming this year.

5. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

So there is an "update", but I'm not a fan of the wireless idea. This sucks, but oh well. I will be getting another pair of 3's.

6. blairh macrumors 68040

blairh

Why not a fan of the upcoming Pro's?

7. nanogirl21 thread starter macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

I’m just not a fan of 100% wireless headphones. They will be lost within the first month. Also, I don’t really like the button situation and how big they are.